The Holy Quran - İngilizce Kuran Meali

ceylannur

Yeni Üyemiz
21. The Prophets (Al-Anbiyáa)

Revealed before the Hijrah. This chapter has 112 verses.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

1. Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away.

2. Never comes (aught) to them of a renewed Message from their Lord, but they listen to it as in jest,-

3. Their hearts toying as with trifles. The wrong-doers conceal their private counsels, (saying), "Is this (one) more than a man like yourselves? Will ye go to witchcraft with your eyes open?"

4. Say: "My Lord knoweth (every) word (spoken) in the heavens and on earth: He is the One that heareth and knoweth (all things)."

5. "Nay," they say, "(these are) medleys of dream! - Nay, he forged it! - Nay, he is (but) a poet! Let him then bring us a Sign like the ones that were sent to (Prophets) of old!"

6. (As to those) before them, not one of the towns which We destroyed believed: will these believe?

7. Before thee, also, the messengers We sent were but men, to whom We granted inspiration: If ye know this not, ask of those who possess the Message.

8. Nor did We give them bodies that ate no food, nor were they immortals.

9. In the end We fulfilled to them Our Promise, and We saved them and those whom We willed, but We destroyed those who transgressed beyond bounds.

10. We have revealed for you (O men!) a book in which will give you eminence. Will ye not then understand?

11. How many were the towns We utterly destroyed because of their iniquities, setting up in their places other peoples?

12. Yet, when they felt Our Punishment (coming), behold, they (tried to) flee from it.

13. Flee not, but return to the good things of this life which were given you, and to your homes in order that ye may be called to account.

14. They said: "Ah! Woe to us! We were indeed wrong-doers!"

15. And that cry of theirs ceased not, till We made them as a field that is mown, as ashes silent and quenched.

16. Not for (idle) sport did We create the heavens and the earth and all that is between!

17. If it had been Our wish to take (just) a pastime, We should surely have taken it from the things nearest to Us, if We would do (such a thing)!

18. Nay, We hurl the Truth against falsehood, and it knocks out its brain, and behold, falsehood doth perish! Ah! Woe be to you for the (false) things ye ascribe (to Us).

19. To Him belong all (creatures) in the heavens and on earth: even those who are with Him are not too proud to serve Him, nor are they (ever) weary (of His service):

20. They celebrate His praises night and day, nor do they ever flag or intermit.

21. Or have they taken (for worship) gods from the earth who can raise (the dead)?

22. If there were, in the heavens and the earth, other gods besides Allah, there would have been ruin in both! but glory to Allah, the Lord of the Throne: (High is He) above what they attribute to Him!

23. He cannot be questioned for His acts, but they will be questioned (for theirs).

24. Or have they taken for worship (other) gods besides Him? Say, "Bring your convincing proof: this is the Message of those with me and the Message of those before me." But most of them know not the Truth, and so turn away.

25. Not a messenger did We send before thee without this inspiration sent by Us to him: that there is no god but I; therefore worship and serve Me.

26. And they say: "The Most Gracious has taken a son!" Glory to Him! They are (but) servants raised to honor.

27. They speak not before He speaks, and they act (in all things) by His Command.

28. He knows what is before them, and what is behind them, and they offer no intercession except for those with whom He is well pleased, and they stand in awe and reverence of His (Glory).

29. If any of them should say, "I am a god besides Him", such a one We should reward with Hell: thus do We reward those who do wrong.

30. Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?

31. And We have set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with them, and We have made therein broad highways (between mountains) for them to pass through: that they may find their way.

32. And We have made the heavens as a canopy well guarded: yet do they turn away from the Signs which these things (point to)!

33. It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its rounded course.

34. We granted not to any man before thee permanent life (here): if then thou shouldst die, would they live permanently?

35. Every soul shall have a taste of death: and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial. To Us must ye return.

36. When the Unbelievers see thee, they treat thee not except with ridicule. "Is this," (they say), "the one who talks of your gods?" and they blaspheme at the mention of the Most Gracious!

37. Man is a creature of haste: soon (enough) will I show you My Signs; so ask Me not to hasten them!

38. They say: "When will this promise come to pass, if ye are telling the truth?"

39. If only the Unbelievers knew (the time) when they will not be able to ward off the fire from their faces, nor yet from their backs, and (when) no help can reach them!

40. Nay, it may come to them all of a sudden and confound them: no power will they have then to avert it, nor will they (then) get respite.

41. Mocked were (many) messengers before thee; but their scoffers were hemmed in by the thing that they mocked.

42. Say: "Who can keep you safe by night and by day from (the Wrath of) the Most Gracious?" Yet they turn away from the mention of their Lord.

43. Or have they gods that can guard them from Us? They have no power to aid themselves, nor can they be defended from Us.

44. Nay, We gave the good things of this life to these men and their fathers until the period grew long for them; See they not that We gradually reduce the land (in their control) from its outlying borders? Is it then they who will win?

45. Say, "I do but warn you according to revelation": but the deaf will not hear the call, (even) when they are warned!

46. If but a breath of the Wrath of thy Lord do touch them, they will then say, "Woe to us! we did wrong indeed!"

47. We shall set up scales of justice for the Day of Judgment, so that not a soul will be dealt with unjustly in the least, and if there be (no more than) the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it (to account): and enough are We to take account.

48. In the past We granted to Moses and Aaron the criterion (for judgment), and a Light and a Message for those who would do right,-

49. Those who fear their Lord in their most secret thoughts, and who hold the Hour (of Judgment) in awe.

50. And this is a blessed Message which We have sent down: will ye then reject it?

51. We bestowed aforetime on Abraham his rectitude of conduct, and well were We acquainted with him.

52. Behold! he said to his father and his people, "What are these images, to which ye are (so assiduously) devoted?"

53. They said, "We found our fathers worshipping them."

54. He said, "Indeed ye have been in manifest error - ye and your fathers."

55. They said, "Have you brought us the Truth, or are you one of those who jest?"

56. He said, "Nay, your Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, He Who created them (from nothing): and I am a witness to this (Truth).

57. "And by Allah, I will certainly plan against your idols - after ye go away and turn your backs"..

58. So he broke them to pieces, (all) but the biggest of them, that they might turn (and address themselves) to it.

59. They said, "Who has done this to our gods? He must indeed be one of the unjust!"

60. They said, "We heard a youth talk of them: he is called Abraham."

61. They said, "Then bring him before the eyes of the people, that they may bear witness."

62. They said, "Art thou the one that did this with our gods, O Abraham?"

63. He said: "Nay, this was done by this, the biggest one! Ask them, if they can talk!"

64. So they turned to themselves and said, "Surely ye are the ones in the wrong!"

65. Then were they confounded with shame: (they said), "Thou knowest full well that these (idols) do not speak!"

66. (Abraham) said, "Do ye then worship, besides Allah, things that can neither be of any good to you nor do you harm?

67. "Fie upon you, and upon the things that ye worship besides Allah. Have ye no sense?"..

68. They said, "Burn him and protect your gods, If ye do (anything at all)!"

69. We said, "O Fire! be thou cool, and (a means of) safety for Abraham!"

70. Then they planned against him: but We made them the ones that lost most!

71. But We delivered him and (his nephew) Lüt (and directed them) to the land which We have blessed for the nations.

72. And We bestowed on him Isaac and, as an additional gift, (a grandson), Jacob, and We made righteous men of every one (of them).

73. And We made them leaders, guiding (men) by Our Command, and We inspired them to do good deeds, to establish regular prayers, and to give Zakat; and they constantly served Us (and Us only).

74. And to Lüt, too, We gave Judgment and Knowledge, and We saved him from the town which practiced abominations: truly they were a people given to Evil, a rebellious people.

75. And We admitted him to Our Mercy: for he was one of the Righteous.

76. (Remember) Noah, when he cried (to Us) aforetime: We listened to his (prayer) and delivered him and his family from great distress.

77. We helped him against people who rejected Our Signs: truly they were a people given to Evil: so We drowned them (in the Flood) all together.

78. And remember David and Solomon, when they gave judgment in the matter of the field into which the sheep of certain people had strayed by night: We did witness their judgment.

79. To Solomon We inspired the (right) understanding of the matter: to each (of them) We gave Judgment and Knowledge; it was Our power that made the hills and the birds celebrate Our praises with David: it was We Who did (all these things).

80. It was We Who taught him the making of coats of mail for your benefit, to guard you from each other's violence: will ye then be grateful?

81. (It was Our power that made) the violent (unruly) wind flow (tamely) for Solomon, to his order, to the land which We had blessed: for We do know all things.

82. And of the Satans, were some who dived for him, and did other work besides; and it was We Who guarded them.

83. And (remember) Job, when He cried to his Lord, "Truly distress has seized me, but Thou art the Most Merciful of those that are merciful."

84. So We listened to him: We removed the distress that was on him, and We restored his people to him, and doubled their number,- as a Grace from Ourselves, and a thing for commemoration, for all who serve Us.

85. And (remember) Ismail, Idrís, and Zulkifl, all (men) of constancy and patience;

86. We admitted them to Our mercy: for they were of the righteous ones.

87. And remember Zunnün, when he departed in wrath: He imagined that We had no power over him! But he cried through the depths of darkness, "There is no god but Thou: glory to Thee: I was indeed wrong!"

88. So We listened to him: and delivered him from distress: and thus do We deliver those who have faith.

89. And (remember) Zakariya, when he cried to his Lord: "O my Lord! leave me not without offspring, though Thou art the best of inheritors."

90. So We listened to him: and We granted him John: We cured his wife's (barrenness) for him. These (three) were ever quick in doing in good works; they used to call on Us with yearning and awe, and humble themselves before Us.

91. And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples.

92. Verily, this Ummah of yours is a single Ummah, and I am your Lord and Cherisher: therefore serve Me (and no other).

93. But (later generations) cut off their affair (of unity), one from another: (yet) will they all return to Us.

94. Whoever works any act of righteousness and has faith,- His endeavor will not be rejected: We shall record it in his favor.

95. But there is a ban on any population which We have destroyed: that they shall not return,

96. Until the Gog and Magog (people) are let through (their barrier), and they swiftly swarm from every hill.

97. Then will the true promise draw nigh (of fulfillment): then behold! the eyes of the Unbelievers will fixedly stare in horror: "Ah! Woe to us! We were indeed heedless of this; nay, we truly did wrong!"

98. Verily ye, (unbelievers), and the (false) gods that ye worship besides Allah, are (but) fuel for Hell! to it will ye (surely) come!

99. If these had been gods, they would not have got there! But each one will abide therein.

100. There, sobbing will be their lot, nor will they there hear (aught else).

101. Those for whom the Good from Us has gone before, will be removed far therefrom.

102. Not the slightest sound will they hear of Hell: what their souls desired, in that will they dwell.

103. The Great Terror will bring them no grief: but the angels will meet them (with mutual greetings): "This is your Day,- (the Day) that ye were promised."

104. The Day that We roll up the heavens like a scroll rolled up for books (completed),- even as We produced the first creation, so shall We produce a new one: a promise We have undertaken: truly shall We fulfill it.

105. Before this We wrote in the Psalms, after the Message (given to Moses): "My servants the righteous, shall inherit the earth."

106. Verily in this (Qurán) is a Message for people who would (truly) worship Allah.

107. We sent thee not, but as a Mercy for all creatures.

108. Say: "What has come to me by inspiration is that your God is One God. will ye therefore bow to His Will (in Islám)?"

109. But if they turn back, Say: "I have proclaimed the Message to you all alike and in truth; but I know not whether that which ye are promised is near or far.

110. "It is He Who knows what is open in speech and what ye hide (in your hearts).

111. "I know not but that it may be a trial for you, and a grant of (worldly) livelihood (to you) for a time."

112. Say: "O my Lord! judge Thou in truth!" "Our Lord Most Gracious is the One Whose assistance should be sought against the blasphemies ye utter!"

ceylannur

Yeni Üyemiz
22. The Pilgrimage (Al-Hajj)

Revealed after the Hijrah. This chapter has 78 verses.

1. O mankind! fear your Lord! for the convulsion of the Hour (of Judgment) will be a thing terrible!

2. The Day ye shall see it, every mother giving suck shall forget her suckling- babe, and every pregnant female shall drop her load (unformed): thou shalt see mankind as in a drunken riot, yet not drunk: but dreadful will be the Chastisement of Allah.

3. And yet among men there are such as dispute about Allah, without knowledge, and follow every evil one obstinate in rebellion!

4. About the (Satan) it is decreed that whoever turns to him for friendship, him will he lead astray, and he will guide him to the Chastisement of the Fire.

5. O mankind! if ye have a doubt about the Resurrection, (consider) that We created you out of dust, then out of sperm, then out of a leech-like clot, then out of a morsel of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed, in order that We may manifest (Our power) to you; and We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do We bring you out as babes, then (foster you) that ye may reach your age of full strength; and some of you are called to die, and some are sent back to the feeblest old age, so that they know nothing after having known (much), and (further), thou seest the earth barren and lifeless, but when We pour down rain on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells, and it puts forth every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs).

6. This is so, because Allah is the Reality: it is He Who gives life to the dead, and it is He Who has power over all things.

7. And verily the Hour will come: there can be no doubt about it, or about (the fact) that Allah will raise up all who are in the graves.

8. Yet there is among men such a one as disputes about Allah, without knowledge, without guidance, and without a Book of Enlightenment,-

9. (Disdainfully) bending his side, in order to lead (men) astray from the Path of Allah. for him there is disgrace in this life, and on the Day of Judgment We shall make him taste the Chastisement of burning (Fire).

10. (It will be said): "This is because of the deeds which thy hands sent forth, for verily Allah is not unjust to His servants."

11. There are among men some who serve Allah, as it were, on the verge: if good befalls them, they are, therewith, well content; but if a trial comes to them, they turn on their faces: they lose both this world and the Hereafter: that in indeed a manifest loss!

12. They call on such deities, besides Allah, as can neither hurt nor profit them: that is straying far indeed (from the Way)!

13. (Perhaps) they call on one whose hurt is nearer than his profit: evil, indeed, is the patron, and evil the companion (or help)!

14. Verily Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds, to Gardens, beneath which rivers flow: for Allah carries out all that He desires.

15. If any think that Allah will not help him (His Messenger), in this world and the Hereafter, let him stretch out a rope to the ceiling and cut (himself) off: then let him see whether his plan will remove that which enrages (him)!

16. Thus have We sent down Clear Sings; and verily Allah doth guide whom He will!

17. Those who believe (in the Qurán), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians, Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- Allah will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for Allah is witness of all things.

18. Seest thou not that to Allah prostrate all things that are in the heavens and on earth,- the sun, the moon, the stars; the hills, the trees, the animals; and a great number among mankind? But a great number are (also) such as unto whom the Chastisement is justly due, and such as Allah shall disgrace,- None can raise to honor: for Allah carries out all that He wills.

19. These two antagonists dispute with each other about their Lord: but those who deny (their Lord),- for them will be cut out a garment of Fire: over their heads will be poured out boiling water.

20. With it will be melted what is within their bodies, as well as (their) skins.

21. In addition there will be maces of iron (to punish) them.

22. Every time they wish to get away therefrom, from anguish, they will be forced back therein, and (it will be said), "Taste ye the Chastisement of Burning!"

23. Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds, to Gardens beneath which rivers flow: they shall be adorned therein with bracelets of gold and pearls; and their garments there will be of silk.

24. For they have been guided (in this life) to the purest of speeches; they have been guided to the Path of Him Who is Worthy of (all) Praise.

25. As to those who have rejected (Allah), and would keep back (men) from the Way of Allah, and from the Sacred Mosque, which We have made (open) to (all) men - equal is the dweller there and the visitor from the country - and any whose purpose therein is profanity or wrongfully - them will We cause to taste of a most Grievous Chastisement.

26. Behold! We pointed the site, to Abraham, of the (Sacred) House, (saying): "Associate not anything (in worship) with Me; and sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or stand up, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer).

27. "And proclaim the Pilgrimage among men: they will come to thee on foot and (mounted) on every camel, lean on account of journeys through deep and distant mountain highways;

28. "That they may witness the benefits (provided) for them, and celebrate the name of Allah, through the Days appointed, over the cattle which He has provided for them (for sacrifice): then eat ye thereof and feed the distressed ones in want.

29. "Then let them complete the rites prescribed for them, perform their vows, and (again) circumambulate the Ancient House."

30. Such (is the Pilgrimage): whoever honors the sacred rites of Allah, for him it is good in the Sight of his Lord. Lawful to you (for food in Pilgrimage) are cattle, except those mentioned to you (as exception): so shun the abomination of idols, and shun the word that is false,-

31. Being true in faith to Allah, and never assigning partners to Him: if anyone assigns partners to Allah, he is as if he had fallen from heaven and been snatched up by birds, or the wind had swooped (like a bird on its prey) and thrown him into a far-distant place.

32. Such (is his state): and whoever holds in honor the rites of Allah, (in the sacrifice of animals), such (honor) should come truly from piety of heart.

33. In them ye have benefits for a term appointed: in the end their place of sacrifice is near the Ancient House.

34. To every people did We appoint rites (of sacrifice), that they might celebrate the name of Allah over the sustenance He gave them from animals (fit for food). But your God is One God. submit then your wills to Him (in Islám): and give thou the good news to those who humble themselves,-

35. To those whose hearts when Allah is mentioned, are filled with fear, who show patient perseverance over their afflictions, keep up regular prayer, and spend (in charity) out of what We have bestowed upon them.

36. The sacrificial camels we have made for you as among the signs from Allah: in them is (much) good for you: then pronounce the name of Allah over them as they line up (for sacrifice): when they are down on their sides (after slaughter), eat ye thereof, and feed such as (beg not but) live in contentment, and such as beg with due humility: thus have We made animals subject to you, that ye may be grateful.

37. It is not their meat nor their blood, that reaches Allah, it is your piety that reaches Him: He has thus made them subject to you, that ye may glorify Allah for His Guidance to you and proclaim the good news to all who do good.

38. Verily Allah will defend (from ill) those who believe: verily, Allah loveth not any that is unfaithful, ungrateful.

39. To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid;-

40. (They are) those who have been expelled from their homes in defiance of right,- (for no cause) except that they say, "Our Lord is Allah". Did not Allah check one set of people by means of another, there would surely have been pulled down monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques, in which the name of Allah is commemorated in abundant measure. Allah will certainly aid those who aid his (cause);- for verily Allah is full of Strength, Exalted in Might, (able to enforce His Will).

41. (They are) those who, if We establish them in the land, establish regular prayer and give Zakat, enjoin the right and forbid wrong: with Allah rests the end (and decision) of (all) affairs.

42. If they disbelieve you, so did the peoples before them (with their prophets),- the People of Noah, and Àd and Thamüd;

43. And those of Abraham and Lüt;

44. And the Companions of the Madyan people; and Moses was rejected (in the same way). But I granted respite to the Unbelievers, and (only) after that did I punish them: but how (terrible) was My punishment (of them)!

45. How many populations have We destroyed, which were given to wrong- doing? They tumbled down on their roofs. And how many wells are lying idle and neglected, and castles lofty and well-built?

46. Do they not travel through the land, so that their hearts (and minds) may thus learn wisdom and their ears may thus learn to hear? Truly it is not their eyes that are blind, but the hearts which are in their breasts.

47. Yet they ask thee to hasten on the Punishment! But Allah will not fail in His Promise. Verily a Day in the sight of thy Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning.

48. And to how many populations did I give respite, which were given to wrong- doing? In the end I punished them. To me is the destination (of all).

49. Say: "O men! I am (sent) to you only to give a Clear Warning:

50. "Those who believe and work righteousness, for them is forgiveness and a sustenance most generous.

51. "But those who strive against Our Signs, to frustrate them,- they will be Companions of the Fire."

52. Never did We send a messenger or a prophet before thee, but, when he framed a desire, Satan threw some (vanity) into his desire: but Allah will cancel anything (vain) that Satan throws in, and Allah will confirm (and establish) His Signs: for Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom:

53. That He may make the suggestions thrown in by Satan, but a trial for those in whose hearts is a disease and who are hardened of heart: verily the wrong-doers are in a schism far (from the Truth):

54. And that those on whom knowledge has been bestowed may learn that the (Qurán) is the Truth from thy Lord, and that they may believe therein, and their hearts may be made humbly (open) to it: for verily Allah is the Guide of those who believe, to the Straight Way.

55. Those who reject Faith will not cease to be in doubt concerning (Revelation) until the Hour (of Judgment) comes suddenly upon them, or there comes to them the Chastisement of a barren Day.

56. On that Day of Dominion will be that of Allah. He will judge between them: so those who believe and work righteous deeds will be in Gardens of Delight.

57. And for those who reject Faith and deny Our Signs, there will be a humiliating Punishment.

58. Those who leave their homes in the Cause of Allah, and are then slain or die,- on them will Allah bestow verily a goodly Provision. Truly Allah is He Who bestows the best provision.

59. Verily He will admit them to a place with which they shall be well pleased: for Allah is All-Knowing, Most Forbearing.

60. That (is so). And if one has retaliated to no greater extent than the injury he received, and is again set upon inordinately, Allah will help him: for Allah is One that blots out (sins) and forgives (again and again).

61. That is because Allah merges night into day, and He merges day into night, and verily it is Allah Who hears and sees (all things).

62. That is because Allah - He is the Reality; and those besides Him whom they invoke,- they are but vain Falsehood: verily Allah is He, Most High, Most Great.

63. Seest thou not that Allah sends down rain from the sky, and forthwith the earth becomes clothed with green? For Allah is All-Subtle, All-Aware.

64. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: for verily Allah,- He is free of all wants, Worthy of all Praise.

65. Seest thou not that Allah has made subject to you (men) all that is on the earth, and the ships that sail through the sea by His Command? He withholds the sky from failing on the earth except by His leave: for Allah is Most Kind and Most Merciful to man.

66. It is He Who gave you life, will cause you to die, and will again give you life. Truly man is a most ungrateful creature!

67. To every People have We appointed rites which they must follow: let them not then dispute with thee on the matter, but do thou invite (them) to thy Lord: for thou art assuredly on the Right Way.

68. If they do wrangle with thee, say, "Allah knows best what it is ye are doing."

69. "Allah will judge between you on the Day of Judgment concerning the matters in which ye differ."

70. Knowest thou not that Allah knows all that is in heaven and on earth? Indeed it is all in a Record, and that is easy for Allah.

71. Yet they worship, besides Allah, things for which no authority has been sent down to them, and of which they have (really) no knowledge: for those that do wrong there is no helper.

72. When Our Clear Signs are rehearsed to them, thou wilt notice a denial on the faces of the Unbelievers! They nearly attack with violence those who rehearse Our Signs to them. Say, "Shall I tell you of something (far) worse than these Signs? It is the Fire (of Hell)! Allah has promised it to the Unbelievers! and evil is that destination!"

73. O men! Here is a parable set forth! Listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! And if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!

74. They do not have right estimate of Allah, for Allah is Powerful and Mighty.

75. Allah chooses messengers from angels and from men, for Allah is He Who hears and sees (all things).

76. He knows what is before them and what is behind them: and to Allah go back all questions (for decision).

77. O ye who believe! bow down, prostrate yourselves, and adore your Lord; and do good; that ye may prosper.

78. And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline). He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the religion of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation); that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and ye be witnesses for mankind! So establish regular prayer, give Zakat, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protector - the Best to protect and the Best to help!

ceylannur

Yeni Üyemiz
23. The Believers (Al-Müminün)

Revealed before the Hijrah. This chapter has 118 verses.

1. Successful indeed are the Believers,-

2. Those who humble themselves in their prayers;

3. Who avoid vain talk;

4. Who are active in given Zakat;

5. Who guard their modesty,

6. Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess,- for (in their case) they are free from blame,

7. But those whose desires exceed those limits are transgressors;-

8. Those who faithfully observe their trusts and their covenants;

9. And who (strictly) guard their prayers;-

10. These will be the heirs,

11. Who will inherit Paradise: they will dwell therein (for ever).

12. Man We did create from a quintessence (of clay);

13. Then We placed him as (a drop of) sperm in a place of rest, firmly fixed;

14. Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (fetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then We developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!

15. After that, at length ye will die

16. Again, on the Day of Judgment, will ye be raised up.

17. And We have made, above you, seven tracts; and We are never unmindful of (Our) Creation.

18. And We send down water from the sky according to (due) measure, and We cause it to soak in the soil; and We certainly are able to drain it off (with ease).

19. With it We grow for you gardens of date-palms and vines: in them have ye abundant fruits: and of them ye eat (and have enjoyment),-

20. Also a tree springing out of Mount Sinai, which produces oil, and relish for those who use it for food.

21. And in cattle (too) ye have an instructive example: from within their bodies We produce (milk) for you to drink; there are, in them, (besides), numerous (other) benefits for you; and of their (meat) ye eat;

22. An on them, as well as in ships, ye ride.

23. And certainly We sent Noah to his people: He said, "O my people! Worship Allah. Ye have no other god but Him. Will ye not fear (Him)?"

24. The chiefs of the Unbelievers among his people said: "He is no more than a man like yourselves: his wish is to assert his superiority over you: if Allah had wished (to send messengers), He could have sent down angels; never did we hear such a thing (as he says), among our ancestors of old."

25. (And some said): "He is only a man possessed: wait (and have patience) with him for a time."

26. (Noah) said: "O my Lord! help me: for that they accuse me of falsehood!"

27. So We inspired him (with this message): "Construct the Ark within Our sight and under Our guidance: then when comes Our Command, and the over gushes forth, take thou on board pairs of every species, male and female, and thy family- except those of them against whom the Word has already gone forth: and address Me not in favor of the wrong-doers; for they shall be drowned (in the Flood).

28. And when thou hast embarked on the Ark - thou and those with thee,- say: "Praise be to Allah, Who has saved us from the people who do wrong."

29. And say: "O my Lord! Enable me to disembark with thy blessing: for Thou art the Best to enable (us) to disembark."

30. Verily in this there are Signs (for men to understand); lo! We put men to test.

31. Then We raised after them another generation.

32. And We sent to them a messenger from among themselves, (saying), "Worship Allah. ye have no other god but Him. Will ye not fear (Him)?"

33. And the chiefs of his people, who disbelieved and denied the Meeting in the Hereafter, and on whom We had bestowed the good things of this life, said: "He is no more than a man like yourselves: he eats of that of which ye eat, and drinks of what ye drink.

34. "If ye obey a man like yourselves, behold, it is certain ye will be lost.

35. "Does he promise that when ye die and become dust and bones, ye shall be brought forth (again)?

36. "Far, very far is that which ye are promised!

37. "There is nothing but our life in this world! We shall die and we live! But we shall never be raised up again!

38. "He is only a man who invents a lie against Allah, but we are not the ones to believe in him!"

39. (The prophet) said: "O my Lord! Help me: for that they accuse me of falsehood."

40. (Allah) said: "In but a little while, they are sure to be sorry!"

41. Then the Blast overtook them with justice, and We made them as rubbish of dead leaves. So away with the people who do wrong!

42. Then We raised after them other generations.

43. No people can hasten their term, nor can they delay (it).

44. Then sent We Our messengers in succession: every time there came to a people their messenger, they accused him of falsehood: so We made them follow each other (in punishment): We made them as a tale (that is told)! So away with a people that will not believe!

45. Then We sent Moses and his brother Aaron, with Our Signs and authority manifest,

46. To Pharaoh and his Chiefs: but these behaved insolently: they were an arrogant people.

47. They said: "Shall we believe in two men like ourselves? And their people are subject to us!"

48. So they rejected them, and they became of those who were destroyed.

49. And We gave Moses the Book, in order that they might receive guidance.

50. And We made the son of Mary and his mother as a Sign: We gave them both shelter on high ground, affording rest and security and furnished with springs.

51. O ye messengers! Enjoy (all) things good and pure, and work righteousness: for I am well-acquainted with (all) that ye do.

52. And verily this Ummah of yours is a single Ummah, and I am your Lord and Cherisher: therefore fear Me (and no other).

53. But people have cut off their affair (of unity), between them, into sects: each party rejoices in that which is with itself.

54. But leave them in their confused ignorance for a time.

55. Do they think that because We have granted them abundance of wealth and sons,

56. We would hasten them on in every good? Nay, they do not perceive.

57. Verily those who live in awe for fear of their Lord;

58. Those who believe in the Signs of their Lord;

59. Those who join not (in worship) partners with their Lord;

60. And those who dispense their charity with their hearts full of fear, because they will return to their Lord;-

61. It is these who hasten in every good work, and these who are foremost in them.

62. On no soul do We place a burden greater than it can bear: before Us is a record which clearly speaks the truth: they will never be wronged.

63. But their hearts are in confused ignorance of this; and there are, besides that, deeds of theirs, which they will (continue) to do,-

64. Until, when We seize in Punishment those of them who received the good things of this world, behold, they will groan in supplication!

65. (It will be said): "Groan not in supplication this day: for ye shall certainly not be helped by Us.

66. "My Signs used to be rehearsed to you, but ye used to turn back on your heels-

67. "In arrogance: talking nonsense about the (Qurán), like one telling fables by night."

68. Do they not ponder over the Word (of Allah), or has anything (new) come to them that did not come to their fathers of old?

69. Or do they not recognize their Messenger, that they deny him?

70. Or do they say, "He is possessed"? Nay, he has brought them the Truth, but most of them hate the Truth.

71. If the Truth had been in accord with their desires, truly the heavens and the earth, and all beings therein would have been in ruin! Nay, We have sent them their admonition, but they turn away from their admonition.

72. Or is it that thou askest them for some recompense? But the recompense of thy Lord is best: He is the Best of those who give sustenance.

73. But verily thou callest them to the Straight Way;

74. And verily those who believe not in the Hereafter are deviating from that Way.

75. If We had mercy on them and removed the distress which is on them, they would obstinately persist in their transgression, wandering in distraction to and fro.

76. We inflicted Punishment on them, but they humbled not themselves to their Lord, nor do they submissively entreat (Him)!-

77. Until We open on them a gate leading to a severe Punishment: then lo! they will be plunged in despair therein!

78. It is He Who has created for you (the faculties of) hearing, sight, feeling and understanding: little thanks it is ye give!

79. And He has multiplied you through the earth, and to Him shall ye be gathered back.

80. It is He Who gives life and death, and to Him (is due) the alternation of Night and Day: will ye not then understand?

81. On the contrary they say things similar to what the ancients said.

82. They say: "What! When we die and become dust and bones, could we really be raised up again?

83. "Such things have been promised to us and to our fathers before! they are nothing but tales of the ancients!"

84. Say: "To whom belong the earth and all beings therein? (Say) if ye know!"

85. They will say, "To Allah." Say: "Yet will ye not receive admonition?"

86. Say: "Who is the Lord of the seven heavens, and the Lord of the Mighty Throne?"

87. They will say, "(They belong) to Allah." Say: "Will ye not then fear?"

88. Say: "Who is it in whose hands is the sovereignty of all things,- who protects (all), but is not protected (of any)? (Say) if ye know."

89. They will say, "(It belongs) to Allah." Say: "Then how are ye deluded?"

90. We have sent them the Truth: but they indeed are liars!

91. No son did Allah beget, nor is there any god along with Him: (if there were many gods), behold, each god would have taken away what he had created, and some would have lorded it over others! Glory to Allah. (He is free) from the (sort of) things they attribute to Him!

92. He knows what is hidden and what is open: too high is He for the partners they attribute to Him!

93. Say: "O my Lord! If Thou wilt show me (in my lifetime) that which they are warned against,-

94. "Then, O my Lord! Put me not amongst the people who do wrong!"

95. And We are certainly able to show thee (in fulfillment) that against which they are warned.

96. Repel evil with that which is best: We are well acquainted with the things they say.

97. And say "O my Lord! I seek refuge with Thee from the suggestions of the Satans.

98. "And I seek refuge with Thee O my Lord! Lest they should come near me."

99. Until, when death comes to one of them, he says: "O my Lord! Send me back (to life),-

100. "In order that I may work righteousness in the things I neglected." - "By no means! It is but a word he says."- Before them is a Partition till the Day they are raised up.

101. Then when the Trumpet is blown, there will be no more relationships between them that Day, nor will one ask after another!

102. Then those whose balance (of good deeds) is heavy,- they will be successful:

103. But those whose balance is light, will be those who have lost their souls, in Hell will they abide.

104. The Fire will burn their faces, and they will therein grin, with their lips displaced.

105. "Were not My Signs rehearsed to you, and ye did but treat them as falsehood?"

106. They will say: "Our Lord! Our misfortune overwhelmed us, and we became a people astray!

107. "Our Lord! Bring us out of this: if ever we return (to evil), then shall we be wrong-doers indeed!"

108. He will say: "Be ye driven into it (with ignominy)! And speak ye not to Me!

109. "A part of My servants there was, who used to pray 'Our Lord! We believe; then do Thou forgive us, and have mercy upon us: for Thou art the Best of those who show mercy!"

110. "But ye treated them with ridicule, so much so that (ridicule of) them made you forget My Message while ye were laughing at them!

111. "I have rewarded them this day for their patience and constancy: they are indeed the ones that have achieved Bliss..."

112. He will say: "What number of years did ye stay on earth?"

113. They will say: "We stayed a day or part of a day: but ask those who keep account."

114. He will say: "Ye stayed not but a little,- if ye had only known!

115. "Did ye then think that We had created you in jest, and that ye would not be brought back to Us (for account)?"

116. Therefore exalted be Allah, the King, the Reality: there is no god but He, the Lord of the Throne of Honor!

117. If anyone invokes, besides Allah, any other god, he has no authority therefor; and his reckoning will be only with his Lord! And verily the Unbelievers shall not prosper!

118. So say: "O my Lord! Grant Thou forgiveness and mercy, for Thou art the Best of those who show mercy!"

ceylannur

Yeni Üyemiz
24. Light (An-Nür)

Revealed after the Hijrah. This chapter has 64 verses.

1. A Sürah which We have sent down and which We have ordained. In it have We sent down Clear Signs, in order that ye may receive admonition.

2. The woman and the man guilty of fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.

3. The adulterer cannot have sexual relations with any but an adulteress, or idolatress. And the adulteress, none can have sexual relations with her but an adulterer or an idolater: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden.

4. And those who launch a charge against chaste women, and produce not four witnesses (to support their allegations),- flog them with eighty stripes; and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors;-

5. Except those who repent thereafter and mend (their conduct); for Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.

6. And for those who launch a charge against their wives, and have (in support) no evidence but their own,- let one of them testify four times by Allah that he is of those who speak the truth;

7. And the fifth (oath) (should be) that he solemnly invoke the curse of Allah on himself if he tell a lie.

8. But it would avert the punishment from the wife, if she bears witness four times (with an oath) By Allah, that (her husband) is telling a lie;

9. And the fifth (oath) should be that she solemnly invokes the wrath of Allah on herself if (her accuser) is telling the truth.

10. If it were not for Allah's grace and mercy on you, and that Allah is Oft- Returning, full of Wisdom,- (ye would be ruined indeed).

11. Those who brought forward the lie are a body among yourselves: think it not to be an evil to you; on the contrary it is good for you: to every man among them (will come the punishment) of the sin that he earned, and to him who took on himself the lead among them, will be a chastisement grievous.

12. Why did not the believers - men and women - when ye heard of the affair,- though well of their people and say, "This (charge) is an obvious lie" ?

13. Why did they not bring four witnesses to prove it? When they have not brought the witnesses, such men, in the sight of Allah, (stand forth) themselves as liars!

14. Were it not for the grace and mercy of Allah on you, in this world and the Hereafter, a grievous chastisement would have seized you in that ye rushed glibly into this affair.

15. Behold, ye received it on your tongues, and said out of your mouths things of which ye had no knowledge; and ye thought it to be a light matter, while it was most serious in the sight of Allah.

16. And why did ye not, when ye heard it, say? - "It is not right of us to speak of this: Glory to Thee (our Lord), this is a most serious slander!"

17. Allah doth admonish you, that ye may never repeat such (conduct), if ye are (true) Believers.

18. And Allah makes the Signs plain to you: for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.

19. Those who love (to see) scandal circulate among the Believers, will have a grievous chastisement in this life and in the Hereafter: Allah knows, and ye know not.

20. Were it not for the grace and mercy of Allah on you, and that Allah is full of kindness and mercy, (ye would be ruined indeed).

21. O ye who believe! Follow not Satan's footsteps: if any will follow the footsteps of Satan, he will (but) command what is indecent and wrong: and were it not for the grace and mercy of Allah on you, not one of you would ever have been pure: but Allah doth purify whom He pleases: and Allah is One Who hears and knows (all things).

22. Let not those among you who are endued with grace and amplitude of means resolve by oath against helping their kinsmen, those in want, and those who have left their homes in Allah's cause: let them forgive and overlook, do you not wish that Allah should forgive you? For Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.

23. Those who slander chaste, indiscreet, and believing women, are cursed in this life and in the Hereafter: for them is a grievous chastisement,-

24. On the Day when their tongues, their hands, and their feet will bear witness against them as to their actions.

25. On that Day Allah will pay them back (all) their just dues, and they will realize that Allah is the (very) Truth, that makes all things manifest.

26. Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are innocent of all what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honorable.

27. O ye who believe! Enter not houses other than your own, until ye have asked permission and saluted those in them: that is best for you, in order that ye may heed (what is seemly).

28. If ye find no one in the house, enter not until permission is given to you: if ye are asked to go back, go back: that makes for greater purity for yourselves: and Allah knows well all that ye do.

29. It is no fault on your part to enter houses not used for living in, which serve some (other) use for you: and Allah has knowledge of what ye reveal and what ye conceal.

30. Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.

31. And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male attendants free of sexual desires, or small children who have no carnal of women; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah in repentance, that ye may be successful.

32. Marry those among you who are single, or the virtuous ones among yourselves, male or female: if they are in poverty, Allah will give them means out of His grace: for Allah Ample-giving, and He knoweth all things.

33. Let those who find not the wherewithal for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah gives them means out of His grace. And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (for emancipation), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them: yea, give them something yourselves out of the means which Allah has given to you. But force not your maids to prostitution when they desire chastity, in order that ye may make a gain in the goods of this life. But if anyone compels them, yet, after such compulsion, is Allah, Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to them),

34. We have already sent down to you verses making things clear, an illustration from (the story of) people who passed away before you, and an admonition for those who fear (Allah).

35. Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.

36. (Lit is such a Light) in houses, which Allah hath permitted to be raised to honor; for the celebration, in them, of His name. In them is He glorified in the mornings and in the evenings, (again and again),-

37. By men whom neither trade nor sale can divert from the Remembrance of Allah, nor from regular prayer, nor from paying Zakat: Their (only) fear is for the Day when hearts and eyes will be turned about,-

38. That Allah may reward them according to the best of their deeds, and add even more for them out of His Grace: for Allah doth provide for those whom He will, without measure.

39. But the Unbelievers,- their deeds are like a mirage in sandy deserts, which the man parched with thirst mistakes for water; until when he comes up to it, he finds it to be nothing: but he finds Allah there, and Allah will pay him his account: and Allah is swift in taking account.

40. Or (the Unbelievers' state) is like the depths of darkness in a vast deep ocean, overwhelmed with billow topped by billow, topped by (dark) clouds: depths of darkness, one above another: if a man stretches out his hands, he can hardly see it! For any to whom Allah giveth not light, there is no light!

41. Seest thou not that it is Allah Whose praises all beings in the heavens and on earth do celebrate, and the birds (of the air) with wings outspread? Each one knows its own (mode of) prayer and praise. And Allah knows well all that they do.

42. Yea, to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth; and to Allah is the return.

43. Seest thou not that Allah makes the clouds move gently, then joins them together, then makes them into a heap? - then wilt thou see rain issue forth from their midst. And He sends down from the sky mountain masses (of clouds) wherein is hail: He strikes therewith whom He pleases and He turns it away from whom He pleases, the vivid flash of its lightning well-nigh blinds the sight.

44. It is Allah Who alternates the Night and the Day: verily in these things is an instructive example for those who have vision!

45. And Allah has created every animal from water: of them there are some that creep on their bellies; some that walk on two legs; and some that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills: for verily Allah has power over all things.

46. We have indeed sent down signs that make things manifest: and Allah guides whom He wills to a way that is straight.

47. They say, "We believe in Allah and in the messenger, and we obey": but even after that, some of them turn away: they are not (really) Believers.

48. When they are summoned to Allah and His messenger, in order that He may judge between them, behold some of them decline (to come).

49. But if the right is on their side, they come to him with all submission.

50. Is it that there is a disease in their hearts? Or do they doubt, or are they in fear, that Allah and His Messenger will deal unjustly with them? Nay, it is they themselves who do wrong.

51. The answer of the Believers, when summoned to Allah and His Messenger, in order that he may judge between them, is no other than this: they say, "We hear and we obey": it is such as these that will prosper.

52. It is such as obey Allah and His Messenger, and fear Allah and do right, that will triumph,

53. They swear their strongest oaths by Allah that, if only thou wouldst command them, they would leave (their homes). Say: "Swear ye not; obedience is (more) reasonable; verily, Allah is well acquainted with all that ye do."

54. Say: "Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger. but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance. The Messenger's duty is only to preach the clear (Message).

55. Allah has promised, to those among you who believe and work righteous deeds, that He will, of a surety, grant them in the land, inheritance (of power), as He granted it to those before them; that He will establish in authority their religion - the one which He has chosen for them; and that He will change (their state), after the fear in which they (lived), to one of security and peace: 'They will worship Me (alone) and not associate aught with Me.' If any do reject Faith after this, they are rebellious and wicked.

56. So establish regular prayer and give Zakat; and obey the Messenger. that ye may receive mercy.

57. Never think thou that the Unbelievers can escape in the earth: their abode is the Fire,- and it is indeed an evil refuge!

58. O ye who believe! Let those whom your right hands possess, and the (children) among you who have not come of age ask your permission (before they come to your presence), on three occasions: before morning prayer; the while ye doff your clothes for the noonday heat; and after the late- night prayer: these are your three times of undress: outside those times it is not wrong for you or for them to move about attending to each other. Thus does Allah make clear the Signs to you: for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.

59. But when the children among you come of age, let them (also) ask for permission, as do those senior to them (in age). Thus does Allah make clear His Signs to you: for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.

60. Such elderly women as are past the prospect of marriage,- there is no blame on them if they lay aside their (outer) garments, provided they make not a wanton display of their beauty: but it is best for them to be modest: and Allah is One Who sees and knows all things.

61. It is no fault in the blind nor in one born lame, nor in one afflicted with illness, nor in yourselves, that ye should eat in your own houses, or those of your fathers, or your mothers, or your brothers, or your sisters, or your father's brothers or your father's sisters, or your mother's brothers, or your mother's sisters, or in houses of which the keys are in your possession, or in the house of a sincere friend of yours: there is no blame on you, whether ye eat in company or separately. But if ye enter houses, salute each other - a greeting of blessing and purity as from Allah. Thus does Allah make clear the signs to you: that ye may understand.

62. Only those are believers, who believe in Allah and His Messenger. when they are with him on a matter requiring collective action, they do not depart until they have asked for his leave; those who ask for thy leave are those who believe in Allah and His Messenger. so when they ask for thy leave, for some business of theirs, give leave to those of them whom thou wilt, and ask Allah for their forgiveness: for Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.

63. Deem not the summons of the Messenger among yourselves like the summons of one of you to another: Allah doth know those of you who slip away under shelter of some excuse: then let those beware who withstand the Messenger's order, lest some trial befall them, or a grievous chastisement be inflicted on them.

64. Be quite sure that to Allah doth belong whatever is in the heavens and on earth. Well doth He know what ye are intent upon: and one day they will be brought back to Him, and He will tell them the truth of what they did: for Allah doth know all things.

ceylannur

Yeni Üyemiz
25. The Criterion (Al-Furqán)

Revealed before the Hijrah. This chapter has 77 verses.

1. Blessed is He Who sent down the Criterion to His servant, that it may be an admonition to all creatures;-

2. He to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: no son has He begotten, nor has He a partner in His dominion: it is He Who created all things, and ordered them in due proportions.

3. Yet have they taken, besides him, gods that can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves; nor can they control death nor life nor resurrection.

4. But the Misbelievers say: "Naught is this but a lie which he has forged, and others have helped him at it." In truth it is they who have put forward an iniquity and a falsehood.

5. And they say: "Tales of the ancients, which he has caused to be written: and they are dictated before him morning and evening."

6. Say: "The (Qurán) was sent down by Him Who knows the secret (that is) in the heavens and the earth: verily He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

7. And they say: "What sort of a messenger is this, who eats food, and walks through the streets? Why has not an angel been sent down to him to give admonition with him?

8. "Or (why) has not a treasure been bestowed on him, or why has he (not) a garden for enjoyment?" The wicked say: "Ye follow none other than a man bewitched."

9. See what kinds of comparisons they make for thee! But they have gone astray, and never a way will they be able to find!

10. Blessed is He Who, if that were His will, could give thee better (things) than those,- Gardens beneath which rivers flow; and He could give thee palaces (secure to dwell in).

11. Nay they deny the Hour (of the judgment to come): but We have prepared a blazing fire for such as deny the Hour:

12. When it sees them from a place far off, they will hear its fury and its ranging sigh.

13. And when they are cast, bound together into a constricted place therein, they will plead for destruction there and then!

14. "This day plead not for a single destruction: plead for destruction oft- repeated!"

15. Say: "Is that best, or the eternal Garden, promised to the righteous? For them, that is a reward as well as a final abode.

16. "For them there will be therein all that they wish for: they will dwell (there) for aye: a promise binding upon thy Lord."

17. The day He will gather them together as well as those whom they worship besides Allah, He will ask: "Was it ye who led these My servants astray, or did they stray from the Path themselves?"

18. They will say: "Glory to Thee! Not meet was it for us that we should take for protectors others besides Thee: but Thou didst bestow, on them and their fathers, good things (in life), until they forgot the Message: for they were a people destroyed."

19. (Allah will say): "Now have they proved you liars in what ye say: so ye cannot avert (your penalty) nor (get) help." And whoever among you does wrong, him shall We cause to taste of a grievous Chastisement.

20. And the messengers whom We sent before thee were all (men) who ate food and walked through the markets. We have made some of you as a trial for others: will ye have patience? For Allah is One Who sees (all things).

21. Those who do not hope to meet Us (for Judgment) say: "Why are not the angels sent down to us, or (why) do we not see our Lord?" Indeed they have an arrogant conceit of themselves, and mighty is the insolence of their impiety!

22. The Day they see the angels,- no joy will there be to the sinners that Day. The (angels) will say: "There is a barrier forbidden (to you) altogether!"

23. And We shall turn to whatever deeds they did (in this life), and We shall make such deeds as floating dust scattered about.

24. The Companions of the Garden will be well, that Day, in their abode, and have the fairest of places for repose.

25. The Day the heaven shall be rent asunder with clouds, and angels shall be sent down, descending (in ranks),-

26. That Day, the dominion right by, shall be (wholly) for the Most Gracious: it will be a Day of dire difficulty for the Misbelievers.

27. The Day that the wrong-doer will bite at his hands, he will say, "Oh! Would that I had taken a (straight) path with the Messenger!

28. "Ah! Woe is me! Would that I had never taken such a one for a friend!

29. "He did lead me astray from the Message (of Allah) after it had come to me! Ah! The Satan is but a traitor to man!"

30. Then the Messenger will say: "O my Lord! Truly my people treated this Qurán with neglect."

31. Thus have We made for every prophet an enemy among the sinners: but enough is thy Lord to guide and to help.

32. Those who reject Faith say: "Why is not the Qurán revealed to him all at once? Thus (is it revealed), that We may strengthen thy heart thereby, and We have rehearsed it to thee in slow, well-arranged stages, gradually.

33. And no question do they bring to thee but We reveal to thee the truth and the best explanation (thereof).

34. Those who will be gathered to Hell (prone) on their faces,- they will be in an evil plight, and, as to Path, most astray.

35. (Before this,) We sent Moses The Book, and appointed his brother Aaron with him as minister;

36. And We command: "Go ye both, to the people who have rejected Our Signs:" And those (people) We destroyed with utter destruction.

37. And the people of Noah,- when they rejected the messengers, We drowned them, and We made them as a Sign for mankind; and We have prepared for (all) wrong-doers a grievous Chastisement;-

38. As also Àd and Thamüd, and the Companions of the Rass, and many a generation between them.

39. To each one We set forth Parables and examples; and each one We broke to utter annihilation (for their sins).

40. And the (Unbelievers) must indeed have passed by the town on which was rained a shower of evil: did they not then see it (with their own eyes)? But they expect not to be raised again.

41. When they see thee, they treat thee no otherwise than in mockery: "Is this the one whom Allah has sent as a messenger?"

42. "He indeed would well-nigh have misled us from our gods, had it not been that we were constant to them!" - Soon will they know, when they see the Chastisement, who it is that is most misled in Path!

43. Seest thou such a one as taketh for his god his own passion (or impulse)? Couldst thou be a disposer of affairs for him?

44. Or thinkest thou that most of them listen or understand? They are only like cattle;- nay, they are farther astray from the way.

45. Hast thou not see how thy Lord?- How He doth prolong the shadow! If He willed, He could make it stationary! Then do We make the sun its guide;

46. Then We draw it in towards Ourselves,- a contraction by easy stages.

47. And He it is Who makes the Night as a Robe for you, and Sleep as Repose, and makes the Day (as it were) a Resurrection.

48. And He it is Who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before His Mercy, and We send down pure water from the sky,-

49. That with it We may give life to a dead land, and slake the thirst of things We have created,- cattle and men in great numbers.

50. And We have distributed the (water) amongst them, in order that they may be mindful, but most men are averse (to aught) but (rank) ingratitude.

51. Had it been Our Will, We could have sent a warner to every town.

52. Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness, with the (Qurán).

53. It is He Who has let free the two bodies of flowing water: one palatable and sweet, and the other salt and bitter; yet has He made a barrier between them, a partition that is not to be passed.

54. It is He Who has created man from water: then has He established relationships of lineage and marriage: for thy Lord has power (over all things).

55. Yet do they worship, besides Allah, things that can neither profit them nor harm them: and the Misbeliever is a helper (of Evil), against his own Lord!

56. But thee We only sent to give glad tidings and warning.

57. Say: "No reward do I ask of you for it but this: that each one who will may take a (straight) Path to his Lord."

58. And put thy trust in Him Who lives and dies not; and celebrate His praise; and enough is He to be acquainted with the faults of His servants;-

59. He Who created the heavens and the earth and all that is between, in six days, then He established Himself on the Throne: Allah Most Gracious: ask thou, then, about Him of any acquainted (with such things).

60. When it is said to them, "Adore ye the Most Gracious!", they say, "And what is the Most Gracious? Shall we adore that which thou commandest us?" And it increases them in aversion.

61. Blessed is He Who made constellations in the skies, and placed therein a Lamp and a Moon giving light;

62. And it is He Who made the Night and the Day to follow each other: for such as desire to be mindful or to show their gratitude.

63. And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!";

64. Those who spend the night in adoration of their Lord prostrate and standing;

65. Those who say, "Our Lord! Avert from us the Wrath of Hell, for its Wrath is indeed an affliction grievous,-

66. "Evil indeed is it as an abode, and as a place to rest in";

67. Those who, when they spend, are not extravagant and not niggardly, but hold a just (balance) between those (extremes);

68. Those who invoke not, with Allah, any other god, nor slay such life as Allah has made sacred except for just cause, nor commit fornication; - and any that does this (not only) meets punishment.

69. (But) the Chastisement on the Day of Judgment will be doubled to him, and he will dwell therein in ignominy,-

70. Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful,

71. And whoever repents and does good has truly turned to Allah in repentance;-

72. Those who witness no falsehood, and, if they pass by futility, they pass by it with honorable (avoidance);

73. Those who, when they are admonished with the Signs of their Lord, droop not down at them as if they were deaf or blind;

74. And those who pray, "Our Lord! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous."

75. Those are the ones who will be rewarded with the highest place in heaven, because of their patient constancy: therein shall they be met with salutations and peace,

76. Dwelling therein;- how beautiful an abode and place of rest!

77. Say (to the Rejecters): "My Lord would not concern Himself with you but for your call on Him: but ye have indeed rejected (Him), and soon will come the inevitable (punishment)!"

ceylannur

Yeni Üyemiz
26. The Poets (Ash-Shuàráa)

Revealed before the Hijrah. This chapter has 227 verses.

1. Tá. Sín. Mím.

2. These are verses of the Book that makes (things) clear.

3. It may be thou will kill thy self with grief, that they do not become Believers.

4. If (such) were Our Will, We could send down to them from the sky a Sign, to which they would bend their necks in humility.

5. But there comes not to them a newly-revealed Message from the Most Gracious, but they turn away therefrom.

6. They have indeed rejected (the Message): so they will know soon (enough) the truth of what they mocked at!

7. Do they not look at the earth,- how many noble things of all kinds We have produced therein?

8. Verily, in this is a Sign: but most of them do not believe.

9. And verily, thy Lord is He, the Exalted in Might, Most Merciful.

10. Behold, thy Lord called Moses: "Go to the people of iniquity,-

11. "The people of the Pharaoh: will they not fear Allah?"

12. He said: "O my Lord! I do fear that they will charge me with falsehood:

13. "My breast will be straitened. And my tongue will not speak (plainly): so send unto Aaron.

14. "And (further), they have a charge of crime against me; and I fear they may slay me."

15. Allah said: "By no means! Proceed then, both of you, with Our Signs; We are with you, and will listen (to your call).

16. "So go forth, both of you, to Pharaoh, and say: 'We have been sent by the Lord and Cherisher of the Worlds;

17. " 'Send thou with us the Children of Israel.'"

18. (Pharaoh) said: "Did we not cherish thee as a child among us, and didst thou not stay in our midst many years of thy life?

19. "And thou didst a deed of thine which (thou knowest) thou didst, and thou art an ungrateful!"

20. Moses said: "I did it then, when I was in error.

21. "So I fled from you (all) when I feared you; but my Lord has (since) invested me with judgment (and wisdom) and appointed me as one of the messengers.

22. "And this is the favor with which thou dost reproach me,- that thou hast enslaved the Children of Israel!"

23. Pharaoh said: "And what is the 'Lord and Cherisher of the Worlds'?"

24. (Moses) said: "The Lord and Cherisher of the heavens and the earth, and all between,- if ye but sure belief."

25. (Pharaoh) said to those around: "Did ye not listen (to what he says)?"

26. (Moses) said: "Your Lord and the Lord of your fathers from the beginning!"

27. (Pharaoh) said: "Truly your messenger who has been sent to you is a veritable madman!"

28. (Moses) said: "Lord of the East and the West, and all between! If ye only had sense!"

29. (Pharaoh) said: "If thou takest any god other than me, I will certainly put thee in prison!"

30. (Moses) said: "Even if I showed you something clear (and) convincing?"

31. (Pharaoh) said: "Show it then, if thou tellest the truth!"

32. So (Moses) threw his rod, and behold, it was a serpent, plain (for all to see)!

33. And he drew out his hand, and behold, it was white to all beholders!

34. (Pharaoh) said to the Chiefs around him: "This is indeed a sorcerer well- versed:

35. "His plan is to get you out of your land by his sorcery; then what is it ye counsel?"

36. They said: "Keep him and his brother in suspense (for a while), and dispatch to the Cities heralds to collect-

37. "And bring up to thee all (our) sorcerers well-versed."

38. So the sorcerers were got together for the appointment of a day well-known,

39. And the people were told: "Are ye (now) assembled?-

40. "That we may follow the sorcerers if they win?"

41. So when the sorcerers arrived, they said to Pharaoh: "Of course - shall we have a (suitable) reward if we win?

42. He said: "Yea, (and more),- for ye shall in that case be (raised to posts) nearest (to my person)."

43. Moses said to them: "Throw ye - that which ye are about to throw!"

44. So they threw their ropes and their rods, and said: "By the might of Pharaoh, it is we who will certainly win!"

45. Then Moses threw his rod, when, behold, it straightway swallows up all the falsehoods which they fake!

46. Then did the sorcerers fall down, prostrate in adoration,

47. Saying: "We believe in the Lord of the Worlds,

48. "The Lord of Moses and Aaron."

49. Said (Pharaoh): "Believe ye in Him before I give you permission? Surely he is your leader, who has taught you sorcery! But soon shall ye know! Be sure I will cut off your hands and your feet on opposite sides, and I will crucify you all!"

50. They said: "No matter! For us, we shall but return to our Lord!

51. "Only, our desire is that our Lord will forgive us our faults, since we are the first to believe"

52. By inspiration We told Moses: "Travel by night with My servants; for surely ye shall be pursued."

53. Then Pharaoh sent heralds to (all) the Cities,

54. (Saying): "These (Israelites) are but a small band,

55. "And they have surely enraged us;

56. "And we are a multitude amply fore-warned."

57. So We expelled them from gardens, springs,

58. Treasures, and every kind of honorable position;

59. Thus it was, but We made the Children of Israel inheritors of such things.

60. So they pursued them at sunrise.

61. And when the two bodies saw each other, the people of Moses said: "We are sure to be overtaken."

62. (Moses) said: "By no means! My Lord is with me! Soon will He guide me!"

63. Then We told Moses by inspiration: "Strike the sea with thy rod." So it divided, and each separate part became like the huge, firm mass of a mountain.

64. And We made the other party approach thither.

65. We delivered Moses and all who were with him;

66. But We drowned the others.

67. Verily in this is a Sign: but most of them do not believe.

68. And verily thy Lord is He, the Exalted in Might, Most Merciful.

69. And rehearse to them (something of) Abraham's story.

70. Behold, he said to his father and his people: "What worship ye?"

71. They said: "We worship idols, and we remain constantly in attendance on them."

72. He said: "Do they listen to you when ye call (on them),

73. "Or do you good or harm?"

74. They said: "Nay, but we found our fathers doing thus (what we do)."

75. He said: "Do ye then see whom ye have been worshipping,-

76. "Ye and your fathers before you?-

77. "For they are enemies to me; not so the Lord and Cherisher of the Worlds;

78. "Who created me, and it is He Who guides me;

79. "Who gives me food and drink,

80. "And when I am ill, it is He Who cures me;

81. "Who will cause me to die, and then to life (again);

82. "And Who, I hope, will forgive me my faults on the Day of Judgment.

83. "O my Lord! Bestow wisdom on me, and join me with the righteous;

84. "Grant me honorable mention on the tongue of truth among the latest (generations);

85. "Make me one of the inheritors of the Garden of Bliss;

86. "Forgive my father, for that he is among those astray;

87. "And let me not be in disgrace on the Day when (men) will be raised up;-

88. "The Day whereon neither wealth nor sons will avail,

89. "But only he (will prosper) that brings to Allah a sound heart;

90. "To the righteous, the Garden will be brought near,

91. "And to those straying in evil, the Fire will be placed in full view;

92. "And it shall be said to them: 'Where are the (gods) ye worshipped-

93. " 'Besides Allah? Can they help you or help themselves?'

94. "Then they will be thrown headlong into the (Fire),- they and those straying in evil,

95. "And the whole hosts of Iblis together.

96. "They will say there in their mutual bickerings:

97. " 'By Allah, we were truly in an error manifest,

98. " 'When we held you as equals with the Lord of the Worlds;

99. " 'And our seducers were only those who were steeped in guilt.

100. " 'Now, then, we have none to intercede (for us),

101. " 'Nor a single inmate friend.

102. " 'Now if we only had a chance of return we shall truly be of those who believe!'"

103. Verily in this is a Sign but most of them do not believe.

104. And verily thy Lord is He, the Exalted in Might, Most Merciful.

105. The people of Noah rejected the messengers.

106. Behold, their brother Noah said to them: "Will ye not fear (Allah)?

107. "I am to you a trustworthy messenger:

108. "So fear Allah, and obey me.

109. "No reward do I ask of you for it: my reward is only from the Lord of the Worlds:

110. "So fear Allah, and obey me."

111. They said: "Shall we believe in thee when it is the meanest that follow thee?"

112. He said: "And what do I know as to what they do?

113. "Their account is only with my Lord, if ye could (but) understand.

114. "I am not one to drive away those who believe.

115. "I am sent only as a plain warner."

116. They said: "If thou desist not, O Noah! thou shalt be stoned (to death)."

117. He said: "O my Lord! truly my people have rejected me.

118. "Judge Thou, then, between me and them openly, and deliver me and those of the Believers who are with me."

119. So We delivered him and those with him, in the Ark filled (with all creatures).

120. Thereafter We drowned those who remained behind.

121. Verily in this is a Sign: but most of them do not believe.

122. And verily thy Lord is He, the Exalted in Might, Most Merciful.

123. The Àd (people) rejected the messengers.

124. Behold, their brother Hüd said to them: "Will ye not fear (Allah)?

125. "I am to you a messenger worthy of all trust:

126. "So fear Allah and obey me.

127. "No reward do I ask of you for it: my reward is only from the Lord of the Worlds.

128. "Do ye build a landmark on every high place to amuse yourselves?

129. "And do ye get for yourselves fine buildings in the hope of living therein (for ever)?

130. "And when ye strike, you strike like tyrants?

131. "Now fear Allah, and obey me.

132. "Yea, fear Him Who has bestowed on you freely all that ye know.

133. "Freely has He bestowed on you cattle and sons,-

134. "And Gardens and Springs.

135. "Truly I fear for you the Chastisement of a Great Day."

136. They said: "It is the same to us whether thou admonish us or be not among (our) admonishers!

137. "This is no other than a customary device of the ancients,

138. "And we are not the ones to receive pains and chastisements!"

139. So they rejected him, and We destroyed them. Verily in this is a Sign: but most of them do not believe.

140. And verily thy Lord is He, the Exalted in Might, Most Merciful.

141. The Thamüd (people) rejected the messengers.

142. Behold, their brother Sálih said to them: "Will you not fear (Allah)?

143. "I am to you a messenger worthy of all trust.

144. "So fear Allah, and obey me.

145. "No reward do I ask of you for it: my reward is only from the Lord of the Worlds.

146. "Will ye be left secure, in (the enjoyment of) all that ye have here?-

147. "Gardens and Springs,

148. "And corn-fields and date-palms with spathes near breaking (with the weight of fruit)?

149. "And ye carve houses out of (rocky) mountains with great skill.

150. "But fear Allah and obey me;

151. "And follow not the bidding of those who are extravagant,-

152. "Who make mischief in the land, and mend not (their ways)."

153. They said: "Thou art only one of those bewitched!

154. "Thou art no more than a mortal like us: then bring us a Sign, if thou tellest the truth!"

155. He said: "Here is a she-camel: she has a right of watering, and ye have a right of watering, (severally) on a day appointed.

156. "Touch her not with harm, lest the Chastisement of a Great Day seize you."

157. But they ham-strung her: then did they become full of regrets.

158. But the Chastisement seized them. Verily in this is a Sign: but most of them do not believe.

159. And verily thy Lord is He, the Exalted in Might, Most Merciful.

160. The people of Lüt rejected the messengers.

161. Behold, their brother Lüt said to them: "Will ye not fear (Allah)?

162. "I am to you a messenger worthy of all trust.

163. "So fear Allah and obey me.

164. "No reward do I ask of you for it: my reward is only from the lord of the Worlds.

165. "Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males,

166. "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!"

167. They said: "If thou desist not, O Lüt! thou wilt assuredly be cast out!"

168. He said: "I do detest your doings."

169. "O my Lord! deliver me and my family from such things as they do!"

170. So We delivered him and his family,- all

171. Except an old woman who lingered behind.

172. Then the rest We destroyed utterly.

173. We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): and evil was the shower on those who were admonished (but heeded not)!

174. Verily in this is a Sign: but most of them do not believe.

175. And verily thy Lord is He, the Exalted in Might Most Merciful.

176. The Companions of the Wood rejected the messengers.

177. Behold, Shuàib said to them: "Will ye not fear (Allah)?

178. "I am to you a messenger worthy of all trust.

179. "So fear Allah and obey me.

180. "No reward do I ask of you for it: my reward is only from the Lord of the Worlds.

181. "Give just measure, and cause no loss (to others by fraud).

182. "And weigh with scales true and upright.

183. "And withhold not things justly due to men, nor do evil in the land, working mischief.

184. "And fear Him Who created you and (Who created) the generations before (you)"

185. They said: "Thou art only one of those bewitched!

186. "Thou art no more than a mortal like us, and indeed we think thou art a liar!

187. "Now cause a piece of the sky to fall on us, if thou art truthful!"

188. He said: "My Lord knows best what ye do."

189. But they rejected him. Then the punishment of a day of overshadowing gloom seized them, and that was the Chastisement of a Great Day.

190. Verily in that is a Sign: but most of them do not believe.

191. And verily thy Lord is He, the Exalted in Might, Most Merciful.

192. Verily this is a Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds:

193. With it came down the Truthful Spirit-

194. To thy heart, that thou mayest admonish.

195. In the perspicuous Arabic tongue.

196. Without doubt it is (announced) in the revealed Books of former peoples.

197. Is it not a Sign to them that the Learned of the Children of Israel knew it (as true)?

198. Had We revealed it to any of the non-Arabs,

199. And had he recited it to them, they would not have believed in it.

200. Thus have We caused it to enter the hearts of the sinners.

201. They will not believe in it until they see the grievous Chastisement;

202. But it will come to them of a sudden, while they perceive it not;

203. Then they will say: "Shall we be respited?"

204. Do they then ask for Our Chastisement to be hastened on?

205. Seest thou? If We do let them enjoy (this life) for a few years,

206. Yet there comes to them at length the (punishment) which they were promised!

207. It will profit them not the enjoyment they were given-

208. Never did We destroy a town, but had its Warners -

209. By way of reminder; and We never are unjust.

210. The Satans did not bring it down:

211. It is not meet for then, nor is it in their power,

212. Indeed they are banished from hearing it.

213. So call not on any other god with Allah, or thou wilt be among those who will be punished.

214. And admonish thy nearest kinsmen,

215. And lower thy wing to the Believers who follow thee.

216. Then if they disobey thee, say: "I am free (of responsibility) for what ye do!"

217. And put thy trust on the Exalted in Might, the Merciful,-

218. Who seeth thee standing forth (in prayer),

219. And thy movements among those who prostrate themselves,

220. For it is He Who heareth and knoweth all things.

221. Shall I inform you, (O people!), on whom it is that the Satans descend?

222. They descend on every lying, wicked person,

223. They listen eagerly, and most of them are liars.

224. And the Poets,- It is those straying in Evil, who follow them:

225. Seest thou not that they wander distracted in every valley?-

226. And that they say what they practice not?-

227. Except those who believe, work righteousness, engage much in the remembrance of Allah, and defend themselves after they are unjustly attacked. And soon will the unjust know what vicissitudes their affairs will take!

ceylannur

Yeni Üyemiz
27. The Ants (An-Naml)

Revealed before the Hijrah. This chapter has 93 verses.

1. These are verses of the Qurán,-a book that makes (things) clear;

2. A Guide: and Glad Tidings for the believers,-

3. Those who establish regular prayers and give Zakat, and also have sure faith in the hereafter.

4. As to those who believe not in the Hereafter, We have made their deeds pleasing in their eyes; and so they wander about blindly.

5. Such are they for whom a grievous Chastisement is (waiting); and in the Hereafter theirs will be the greatest loss.

6. As to thee, thou receivest the Qurán from One All-Wise, All-Knowing.

7. Behold! Moses said to his family: "I perceive a fire; soon will I bring you from there some information, or I will bring you a burning brand (to light our fuel), that ye may warn yourselves.

8. But when he came to the (fire), a voice was heard: "Blessed are those in the fire and those around: and Glory to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.

9. "O Moses! Verily, I am Allah, the Exalted in Might, the Wise! ...

10. "Now do thou throw thy rod!" But when he saw it moving (of its own accord) as if it had been a snake, he turned back in retreat, and retraced not his steps: "O Moses!" (it was said), "Fear not: truly, in My presence, those called as messengers have no fear,-

11. "But if any have done wrong and have thereafter substituted good to take the place of evil, truly, I am Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

12. "Now put thy hand into thy bosom, and it will come forth white without stain (or harm): (these are) among the nine Signs (thou wilt take) to Pharaoh and his people: for they are a people rebellious in transgression."

13. But when Our Signs came to them, visibly, they said: "This is sorcery manifest!"

14. And they denied them, though their souls acknowledge them wrongfully and out of pride: so see what was the end of those who acted corruptly!

15. We gave knowledge to David and Solomon: And they both said: "Praise be to Allah, Who has favored us above many of His servants who believe!"

16. And Solomon was David's heir. He said: "O ye people! We have been taught the speech of birds, and we have been given of every thing: this is indeed Grace manifest (from Allah.)"

17. And before Solomon were marshaled his hosts,- of Jinns and men and birds, and they were all kept in order and ranks.

18. At length, when they came to a valley of ants, one of the ants said: "O ye ants, get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it."

19. So he smiled, amused at her speech; and he said: "O my Lord! So order me that I may be grateful for Thy favors, which Thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: and admit me, by Thy Grace, to the ranks of Thy Righteous Servants."

20. And he took a muster of the Birds; and he said: "Why is it I see not the Hoopoe? Or is he among the absentees?

21. "I will certainly punish him with a severe punishment, or execute him, unless he bring me a clear reason (for absence)."

22. But the Hoopoe tarried not far: he (came up and) said: "I have compassed which thou hast not compassed, and I have come to thee from Sabá with tidings true.

23. "I found (there) a woman ruling over them and provided with every requisite; and she has a magnificent throne.

24. "I found her and her people worshipping the sun besides Allah. Satan has made their deeds seem pleasing in their eyes, and has kept them away from the Path,- so they receive no guidance,-

25. "So that they worship not Allah, Who brings forth what is hidden in the heavens and the earth, and knows what ye hide and what ye reveal.

26. "Allah!- there is no god but He!- Lord of the Throne Supreme!"

27. (Solomon) said: "Soon shall we see whether thou hast told the truth or lied!

28. "Go thou, with this letter of mine, and deliver it to them: then draw back from them, and (wait to) see what answer they return"...

29. (The Queen) said: "Ye chiefs! here is delivered to me - a letter worthy of respect.

30. "It is from Solomon, and is (as follows): 'In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful:

31. " 'Be ye not arrogant against me, but come to me in submission (to the true Religion).' "

32. She said: "Ye chiefs! advise me in (this) my affair: no affair have I decided except in your presence."

33. They said: "We are endued with strength, and given to vehement war: but the command is with thee; so consider what thou wilt command."

34. She said: "Kings, when they enter a country, despoil it, and make the noblest of its people its meanest thus do they behave.

35. "But I am going to send him a present, and (wait) to see with what (answer) return (my) ambassadors."

36. Now when (the embassy) came to Solomon, he said: "Will ye give me abundance in wealth? But that which Allah has given me is better than that which He has given you! Nay it is ye who rejoice in your gift!

37. "Go back to them, and be sure we shall come to them with such hosts as they will never be able to meet: We shall expel them from there in disgrace, and they will feel humbled (indeed)."

38. He said (to his own men): "Ye chiefs! which of you can bring me her throne before they come to me in submission?"

39. A stalwart of the Jinns said: "I will bring it to thee before thou rise from thy council: indeed I have full strength for the purpose, and may be trusted."

40. Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to thee before ever thy glance returns to thee!" Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord!- to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! and if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of all Needs, Supreme in Honor !"

41. He said: "Disguise her throne. Let us see whether she is guided (to the truth) or is one of those who are not rightly guided."

42. So when she arrived, she was asked, "Is this thy throne?" She said, "It seems the same"; and knowledge was bestowed on us in advance of this, and we have submitted to Allah (in Islám).

43. And he diverted her from the worship of others besides Allah: for she was (sprung) of a people that had no faith.

44. She was asked to enter the lofty Palace: but when she saw it, she thought it was a lake of water, and she (tucked up her skirts), uncovering her legs. He said: "This is but a palace paved smooth with slabs of glass." She said: "O my Lord! I have indeed wronged my soul: I do (now) submit (in Islám), with Solomon, to the Lord of the Worlds."

45. We sent (aforetime), to the Thamüd, their brother Sálih, saying, "Serve Allah.: but behold, they became two factions quarreling with each other.

46. He said: "O my people! why ask ye to hasten on the evil before the good? If only ye ask Allah for forgiveness, ye may hope to receive mercy."

47. They said: "Ill omen do we augur from thee and those that are with thee". He said: "Your ill omen is with Allah. yea, ye are a people under trial."

48. There were in the city nine men, who made mischief in the land, and would not reform.

49. They said: "Swear a mutual oath by Allah that we shall make a secret night attack on him and his people, and that we shall then say to his heir (when he seeks vengeance): 'We were not present at the slaughter of his people, and we are positively telling the truth.'"

50. They plotted and planned, but We too planned, even while they perceived it not.

51. Then see what was the end of their plot!- this, that We destroyed them and their people, all (of them).

52. Now such were their houses, - in utter ruin, - because they practiced wrong- doing. Verily in this is a Sign for people of knowledge.

53. And We saved those who believed and practiced righteousness.

54. (We also sent) Lüt (as a messenger): behold, he said to his people, "Do ye do what is indecent though ye see (its iniquity)?

55. "Would ye really approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, ye are a people (grossly) ignorant!"

56. But his people gave no other answer but this: they said, "Drive out the followers of Lüt from your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!"

57. But We saved him and his family, except his wife; her We destined to be of those who lagged behind.

58. And We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): and evil was the shower on those who were admonished (but heeded not)!

59. Say: Praise be to Allah, and Peace on His servants whom He has chosen (for His Message). (Who) is better?- Allah or the false gods they associate (with Him)?

60. Or, Who has created the heavens and the earth, and Who sends you down rain from the sky? Yea, with it We cause to grow well-planted orchards full of beauty of delight: it is not in your power to cause the growth of the trees in them. (Can there be another) god besides Allah? Nay, they are a people who swerve from justice.

61. Or, Who has made the earth firm to live in; made rivers in its midst; set thereon mountains immovable; and made a separating bar between the two seas? (Can there be another) god besides Allah? Nay, most of them know not.

62. Or, Who listens to the distressed when he calls on Him, and Who relieves his suffering, and makes you (mankind) inheritors of the earth? (Can there be another) god besides Allah? Little it is that ye heed!

63. Or, Who guides you through the depths of darkness on land and sea, and Who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before His Mercy? (Can there be another) god besides Allah?- High is Allah above what they associate with Him!

64. Or, Who originates Creation, then repeats it, and who gives you sustenance from heaven and earth? (Can there be another) god besides Allah? Say, "Bring forth your argument, if ye are telling the truth!"

65. Say: None in the heavens or on earth, except Allah, knows what is hidden: nor can they perceive when they shall be raised up (for Judgment).

66. Nay, but their knowledge fails as to the Hereafter: they are in doubt and uncertainty thereanent; nay, they are blind thereunto!

67. The Unbelievers say: "What! When we become dust,- we and our fathers,- shall we really be raised (from the dead)?

68. "It is true we were promised this,- we and our fathers before (us): these are nothing but tales of the ancients."

69. Say: "Go ye through the earth and see what has been the end of those guilty (of sin)."

70. But grieve not over them, nor distress thyself because of their plots.

71. They also say: "When will this promise (come to pass)? If ye are truthful."

72. Say: "It may be that some of the events which ye wish to hasten on may be (close) in your pursuit!"

73. But verily thy Lord is full of grace to mankind: Yet most of them are ungrateful.

74. And verily thy Lord knoweth all that their hearts do hide. As well as all that they reveal.

75. And there is nothing hidden, in heaven or earth, but is (recorded) in a clear record.

76. Verily this Qurán doth explain to the Children of Israel most of the matters in which they disagree.

77. And it certainly is a Guide and a Mercy to those who believe.

78. Verily thy Lord will decide between them by His Decree: and He is Exalted in Might, All-Knowing.

79. So put thy trust in Allah: for thou art on (the path of) manifest Truth.

80. Truly thou canst not cause the dead to listen, nor canst thou cause the deaf to hear the call, (especially) when they turn back in retreat.

81. Nor canst thou be a guide to the blind, (to prevent them) from straying: only those wilt thou get to listen who believe in Our Signs, so they submit.

82. And when the Word is fulfilled against them (the unjust), we shall bring forth from the earth a Beast to speak unto them because mankind had no faith in Our Signs.

83. The Day We shall gather together from every people a troop of those who reject Our Signs, and they shall be kept in ranks,-

84. Until, when they come (before the Judgment-seat), (Allah) will say: "Did ye reject My Signs, though ye comprehended them not in knowledge, or what was it ye did?"

85. And the Word will be fulfilled against them, because of their wrong-doing, and they will be unable to speak (in plea).

86. See they not that We have made the Night for them to rest in and the Day to give them light? Verily in this are Signs for any people that believe!

87. And the Day that the Trumpet will be sounded - then will be smitten with terror those who are in the heavens, and those who are on earth, except such as Allah will please (to exempt): and all shall come to Him in utter humility.

88. Thou seest the mountains and thinkest them firmly fixed: but they shall pass away as the clouds pass away: (such is) the artistry of Allah, who disposes of all things in perfect order: for He is well acquainted with all that ye do.

89. If any do good, he will have better than it; and they will be secure from terror that Day.

90. And if any do evil, their faces will be thrown headlong into the Fire: "Do ye receive a reward other than that which ye have earned by your deeds?"

91. For me, I have been commanded to serve the Lord of this City, Him Who has sanctified it and to Whom (belong) all things: and I am commanded to be of those who bow in Islám to Allah's Will,-

92. And to rehearse the Qurán: and if any accept guidance, they do it for the good of their own souls, and if any stray, say: "I am only a Warner".

93. And say: "Praise be to Allah, Who will soon show you His Signs, so that ye shall know them"; and thy Lord is not unmindful of all that ye do.

ceylannur

Yeni Üyemiz
28. Narration (Al-Qasas)

Revealed before the Hijrah. This chapter has 88 verses.

1. Tá. Sín. Mím.

2. These are Verses of the Book that makes (things) clear.

3. We rehearse to thee some of the story of Moses and Pharaoh in Truth, for people who believe.

4. Truly Pharaoh elated himself in the land and divided its people into sections, depressing a group among them: their sons he slew, but he kept alive their females: for he was indeed an evil- doer.

5. And We wished to be Gracious to those who were being depressed in the land, to make them leaders (in faith) and make them heirs,

6. To establish a firm place for them in the land, and to show Pharaoh, Hámán and their hosts, what they were dreading from them.

7. So We sent this inspiration to the mother of Moses: "Suckle (thy child), but when thou hast fears about him, cast him into the river, but fear not nor grieve: for We shall restore him to thee, and We shall make him one of Our messengers."

8. Then the people of Pharaoh picked him up (from the river): (It was intended) that (Moses) should be to them an adversary and a cause of sorrow: for Pharaoh and Hámán and (all) their hosts were men of sin.

9. The wife of Pharaoh said: "(Here is) joy of the eye, for me and for thee: slay him not. It may be that he will be use to us, or we may adopt him as a son." And they perceived not (what they were doing)!

10. And the heart of the mother of Moses became void: she was going almost to disclose his (case), had We not strengthened her heart (with faith), so that she might remain a (firm) believer.

11. And she said to the sister of (Moses), "Trace him" So she (the sister) watched him from a distance and they perceived not.

12. And We ordained that he refused suck at first, until (his sister came up and) said: "Shall I point out to you the people of a house that will nourish and bring him up for you and take care of him?"

13. Thus did We restore him to his mother, that her eye might be comforted, that she might not grieve, and that she might know that the promise of Allah is true: but most of them do not know.

14. When he reached full age, and was firmly established (in life), We bestowed on him wisdom and knowledge: for thus do We reward those who do good.

15. And he entered the City at a time when its people were not watching: and he found there two men fighting,- one of his own people, and the other, of his foes. Now the man of his own people appealed to him against his foe, and Moses struck him with his fist and killed him. He said: "This is a work of Satan: for he is an enemy that manifestly misleads!"

16. He prayed: "O my Lord! I have indeed wronged my soul! Do Thou then forgive me!" So (Allah) forgave him: for He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

17. He said: "O my Lord! For that Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace on me, never shall I be a help to those who sin!"

18. In the morning he was in the city, fearful and vigilant, when behold, the man who had, the day before, sought his help called aloud for his help (again). Moses said to him: "Thou art truly, one erring manifestly!"

19. Then, when he was about to lay his hand on their enemy, the man said: "O Moses! Is it thy intention to slay me as thou slewest a man yesterday? Thou only desire to become a tyrant in the land, and not to be one who sets things right!"

20. And there came a man, running, from the furthest end of the City. He said: "O Moses! the Chiefs are taking counsel together about thee, to slay thee: so get thee away, for I do give thee sincere advice."

21. He therefore got away therefrom, looking about, in a state of fear. He prayed "O my Lord! save me from people given to wrong-doing."

22. Then, when he turned his face towards (the land of) Madyan, he said: "I do hope that my Lord will show me the smooth and straight Path."

23. And when he arrived at the watering (place) in Madyan, he found there a group of men watering (their flocks), and besides them he found two women who were keeping back (their flocks). He said: "What is the matter with you?" They said: "We cannot water (our flocks) until the shepherds take back (their flocks): and our father is a very old man."

24. So he watered (their flocks) for them; then he turned back to the shade, and said: "O my Lord! truly am I in (desperate) need of any good that Thou dost send me!"

25. Afterwards one of the (damsels) came (back) to him, walking bashfully. She said: "My father invites thee that he may reward thee for having watered (our flocks) for us." So when he came to him and narrated the story, he said: "Fear thou not: (well) hast thou escaped from unjust people."

26. Said one of the (damsels): "O my (dear) father! engage him on wages: truly the best of men for thee to employ is the (man) who is strong and trusty"....

27. He said: "I intend to wed one of these my daughters to thee, on condition that thou serve me for eight years; but if thou complete ten years, it will be (grace) from thee. But I intend not to place thee under a difficulty: thou wilt find me, indeed, if Allah wills, one of the righteous."

28. He said: "Be that (the agreement) between me and thee: whichever of the two terms I fulfill, let there be no injustice to me. Be Allah a witness to what we say."

29. Now when Moses had fulfilled the term, and was traveling with his family, he perceived a fire in the direction of Mount Tür. He said to his family: "Tarry ye; I perceive a fire; I hope to bring you from there some information, or a burning firebrand, that ye may warm yourselves."

30. But when he came to the (fire), he was called from the right bank of the valley, from a tree in hallowed ground: "O Moses! Verily I am Allah, the Lord of the Worlds....

31. "Now do thou throw thy rod!" But when he saw it moving (of its own accord) as if it had been a snake, he turned back in retreat, and retraced not his steps: "O Moses!" (It was said), "Draw near, and fear not: for thou art of those who are secure.

32. "Thrust thy hand into thy bosom, and it will come forth white without stain (or harm), and draw thy hand close to thy side (to guard) against fear. Those are the two credentials from thy Lord to Pharaoh and his Chiefs: for truly they are a people rebellious and wicked."

33. He said: "O my Lord! I have slain a man among them, and I fear lest they slay me.

34. "And my brother Aaron - He is more eloquent in speech than I: so send him with me as a helper, to confirm (and strengthen) me: for I fear that they may accuse me of falsehood."

35. He said: "We will certainly strengthen thy arm through thy brother, and invest you both with authority, so they shall not be able to touch you: with Our Sign shall ye triumph,- you two as well as those who follow you."

36. When Moses came to them with Our Clear Signs, they said: "This is nothing but sorcery faked up: never did we hear the like among our fathers of old!"

37. Moses said: "My Lord knows best who it is that comes with guidance from Him and whose end will be best in the Hereafter: certain it is that the wrong-doers will not prosper."

38. Pharaoh said: "O Chiefs! No god do I know for you but myself: therefore, O Hámán! light me a (kiln to bake bricks) out of clay, and build me a lofty palace, that I may mount up to the god of Moses: but as far as I am concerned, I think (Moses) is a liar!"

39. And he was arrogant and insolent in the land, beyond reason,- he and his hosts: they thought that they would not have to return to Us!

40. So We seized him and his hosts, and We flung them into the sea. Now behold what was the end of those who did wrong!

41. And we made them (but) leaders inviting to the Fire; and on the Day of Judgment no help shall they find.

42. In this world We made a curse to follow them and on the Day of Judgment they will be among the loathed (and despised).

43. We did reveal to Moses the Book after We had destroyed the earlier generations, (to give) Insight to men, and Guidance and Mercy, that they might receive admonition.

44. Thou wast not on the Western side when We decreed the Commission to Moses, nor wast thou a witness (of those events).

45. But We raised up (new) generations, and long were the ages that passed over them; but thou wast not a dweller among the people of Madyan, rehearsing Our Signs to them; but it is We Who send apostles (with inspiration).

46. Nor wast thou at the side of (the Mountain of) Tür when We called (to Moses). Yet (art thou sent) as Mercy from thy Lord, to give warning to a people to whom no warner had come before thee: in order that they may receive admonition.

47. If (We had) not (sent thee to the Quraish),- in case a calamity should seize them for (the deeds) that their hands have sent forth, they might say: "Our Lord! why didst Thou not sent us an messenger? We should then have followed Thy Signs and been amongst those who believe!"

48. But (now), when the Truth has come to them from Ourselves, they say, "Why are not (Signs) sent to him, like those which were sent to Moses?" Do they not then reject (the Signs) which were formerly sent to Moses? They say: "Two kinds of sorcery, each assisting the other!" And they say: "For us, we reject all (such things)!"

49. Say: "Then bring ye a Book from Allah, which is a better guide than either of them, that I may follow it! (Do), if ye are truthful!"

50. But if they hearken not to thee, know that they only follow their own lusts: and who is more astray than one who follow his own lusts, devoid of guidance from Allah? For Allah guides not people given to wrong-doing.

51. Now have We brought them the, in order that they may receive admonition.

52. Those to whom We sent the Book before this,- they do believe in this (revelation):

53. And when it is recited to them, they say: "We believe therein, for it is the Truth from our Lord: indeed we have been Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will) from before this.

54. Twice will they be given their reward, for that they have persevered, that they avert Evil with Good, and that they spend (in charity) out of what We have given them.

55. And when they hear vain talk, they turn away therefrom and say: "To us our deeds, and to you yours; peace be to you: we seek not the ignorant."

56. It is true thou wilt not be able to guide every one whom thou lovest; but Allah guides those whom He will and He knows best those who receive guidance.

57. They say: "If we were to follow the guidance with thee, we should be snatched away from our land." Have We not established for them a secure sanctuary, to which are brought as tribute fruits of all kinds,- a provision from Ourselves? But most of them understand not.

58. And how many towns We destroyed, which exulted in their life (of ease and plenty)! Now those habitations of theirs, after them, are deserted,- all but a (miserable) few! and We are their heirs!

59. Nor was thy Lord the one to destroy a town until He had sent to its center a messengers, rehearsing to them Our Signs; nor are We going to destroy a population except when its members practice iniquity.

60. The (material) things which ye are given are but the conveniences of this life and the glitter thereof; but that which is with Allah is better and more enduring: will ye not then be wise?

61. Are (these two) alike?- one to whom We have made a goodly promise, and who is going to reach its (fulfillment), and one to whom We have given the good things of this life, but who, on the Day of Judgment, is to be among those brought up (for punishment)?

62. That Day (Allah) will call to them, and say "Where are My 'partners'?- whom ye imagined (to be such)?"

63. Those against whom the charge will be proved, will say: "Our Lord! These are the ones whom we led astray: we led them astray, as we were astray ourselves: we free ourselves (from them) to You. It was not us they worshipped."

64. It will be said (to them): "Call upon your 'partners' (for help)" :they will call upon them, but they will not listen to them; and they will see the Chastisement (before them); (how they will wish) 'If only they had been open to guidance!'

65. That Day (Allah) will call to them, and say: "What was the answer ye gave to the messengers?"

66. Then the argument will be obscure to them and they will not be able (even) to question each other.

67. But any that (in this life) had repented, believed, and worked righteousness, haply he shall be one of the successful..

68. Thy Lord does create and choose as He pleases: no choice have they (in the matter): Glory to Allah! and far is He above the partners they ascribe (to Him)!

69. And thy Lord knows all that their hearts conceal and all that they reveal.

70. And He is Allah: there is no god but He. To Him be praise, at the first and at the last: for Him is the Command, and to Him shall ye (all) be brought back.

71. Say: See ye? If Allah were to make the night perpetual over you to the Day of Judgment, what god is there other than Allah, who can give you light? Will ye not then hearken?

72. Say: See ye? If Allah were to make the day perpetual over you to the Day of Judgment, what god is there other than Allah, who can give you a night in which ye can rest? Will ye not then see?

73. It is out of His Mercy that He has made for you Night and Day,- that ye may rest therein, and that ye may seek of His Grace;- and in order that ye may be grateful.

74. The Day that He will call on them, He will say: "Where are My 'partners'? whom ye imagined (to be such)?"

75. And from each people shall We draw a witness, and We shall say: "Produce your Proof": then shall they know that the Truth is with Allah (alone), and the (lies) which they invented will leave them in lurch.

76. Qárün was doubtless, of the people of Moses; but he acted insolently towards them: such were the treasures We had bestowed on him that their very keys would have been a burden to a body of strong men, behold, his people said to him: "Exult not, for Allah loveth not those who exult (in riches).

77. "But seek, with the (wealth) which Allah has bestowed on thee, the Home of the Hereafter, nor forget thy portion in this world: but do thou good, as Allah has been good to thee, and seek not (occasions for) mischief in the land: for Allah loves not those who do mischief."

78. He said: "This has been given to me because of a certain knowledge which I have." Did he not know that Allah had destroyed, before him, (whole) generations,- which were superior to him in strength and greater in the amount (of riches) they had collected? But the wicked are not called (immediately) to account for their sins.

79. So he went forth among his people in the (pride of his worldly) glitter. Said those whose aim is the life of this world: "Oh! that we had the like of what Qárün has got! for he is truly a lord of mighty good fortune!"

80. But those who had been granted (true) knowledge said: "Alas for you! The reward of Allah (in the Hereafter) is best for those who believe and work righteousness: but this none shall attain, save those who steadfastly persevere (in good)."

81. Then We caused the earth to swallow up him and his house; and he had not (the least little) party to help him against Allah, nor could he defend himself.

82. And those who had envied his position the day before began to say on the morrow: "Ah! It is indeed Allah Who enlarges the provision or restricts it, to any of His servants He pleases! Had it not been that Allah was gracious to us, He could have caused the earth to swallow us up! Ah! Those who reject Allah will assuredly never prosper."

83. That Home of the Hereafter We shall give to those who intend not high- handedness or mischief on earth: and the end is (best) for the righteous.

84. If any does good, the reward to him is better than his deed; but if any does evil, the doers of evil are only punished (to the extent) of their deeds.

85. Verily He Who ordained the Qurán for thee, will bring thee back to the Place of Return. Say: "My Lord knows best who it is that brings true guidance, and who is in manifest error."

86. And thou hadst not expected that the Book would be sent to thee except as a Mercy from thy Lord: Therefore lend not thou support in any way to those who reject (Allah's Message).

87. Let no one turn you away from Allah's revelations after they have been revealed to thee: and invite (men) to thy Lord, and be not of the company of those who join gods with Allah.

88. And call not, besides Allah, on another god. There is no god but He. Everything (that exists) will perish except His Face. To Him belongs the Command, and to Him will ye (all) be brought back

ceylannur

Yeni Üyemiz
29.The Spider (Al-Ànkabüt)

Revealed before the Hijrah. This chapter has 69 verses.

1. Alif. Lám. Mím.

2. Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested?

3. We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false.

4. Do those who practice evil think that they will outstrip Us? Evil is their judgment!

5. For those whose hopes are in the meeting with Allah, the Term (appointed) by Allah is surely coming: and He hears and knows (all things).

6. And if any strive (with might and main), they do so for their own souls: for Allah is free of all needs from all creation.

7. Those who believe and work righteous deeds,- from them shall We blot out all misdeed that they have committed, and We shall reward them according to the best of their deeds.

8. We have enjoined on man kindness to parents: but if they (either of them) strive (to force) thee to join with Me (in worship) anything of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not. Ye have (all) to return to Me, and I will tell you (the truth) of all that ye did.

9. And those who believe and work righteous deeds,- them shall We admit to the company of the Righteous.

10. Then there are among men such as say, "We believe in Allah"; but when they suffer affliction in (the Cause of) Allah, they treat men's oppression as if it were the Wrath of Allah. And if help comes (to thee) from thy Lord, they are sure to say, "We have (always) been with you!" Does not Allah know best all that is in the hearts of all creation?

11. And Allah most certainly knows those who believe, and as certainly those who are Hypocrites.

12. And the Unbelievers say to those who believe: "Follow our path, and we will bear (the consequences) of your faults." Never in the least will they bear their faults: in fact they are liars!

13. They will bear their own burdens, and (other) burdens along with their own, and on the Day of Judgments they will be called to account for their falsehoods.

14. We did send Noah to his people, and he tarried among them a thousand years less fifty: but the Deluge overwhelmed them while they (persisted in) sin.

15. But We saved him and the companions of the Ark, and We made the (Ark) a Sign for all peoples!

16. And (We also saved) Abraham: behold, he said to his people, "Serve Allah and fear Him: that will be best for you- If ye understand!

17. "For ye do worship idols besides Allah, and ye invent falsehood. The things that ye worship besides Allah have no power to give you sustenance: then seek ye sustenance from Allah, serve Him, and be grateful to Him: to Him will be your return.

18. "And if ye reject (the Message), so did generations before you: and the duty of the messenger is only to preach publicly (and clearly)."

19. See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

20. Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.

21. "He punishes whom He pleases, and He grants Mercy to whom He pleases, and towards Him are ye turned.

22. "Not on earth nor in heaven will ye be able (fleeing) to frustrate (His Plan), nor have ye, besides Allah, any protector or helper."

23. Those who reject the Signs of Allah and the Meeting with Him (in the Hereafter),- it is they who shall despair of My Mercy: it is they who will (suffer) a most grievous Chastisement.

24. So naught was the answer of (Abraham's) people except that they said: "Slay him or burn him." But Allah did save him from the Fire. Verily in this are Signs for people who believe.

25. And he said: "For you, ye have taken (for worship) idols besides Allah, out of mutual love and regard between yourselves in this life; but on the Day of Judgment ye shall disown each other and curse each other: and your abode will be the Fire, and ye shall have none to help."

26. But Lüt believed him. He said: "I will leave home for the sake of my Lord: for He is Exalted in Might, and Wise."

27. And We gave (Abraham) Isaac and Jacob, and ordained among his progeny Prophethood and Revelation, and We granted him his reward in this life; and he will be in the Hereafter of the Righteous.

28. And (remember) Lüt: behold, he said to his people: "Ye do commit lewdness, such as no people in Creation (ever) committed before you.

29. "Do ye indeed approach men, and cut off the highway?- and practice wickedness (even) in your councils?" But his people gave no answer but this: they said: "Bring us the Wrath of Allah if thou tellest the truth."

30. He said: "O my Lord! Help Thou me against people who do mischief!"

31. When Our Messengers came to Abraham with the good news, they said: "We are indeed going to destroy the people of this township: for truly they are wicked men."

32. He said: "But there is Lüt there." They said: "We know well who is there : we will certainly save him and his following,- except his wife: she is of those who lag behind!"

33. And when Our Messengers came to Lüt, he was grieved on their account, and felt himself powerless (to protect) them: but they said: "Fear thou not, nor grieve: we are (here) to save thee and thy following, except thy wife: she is of those who lag behind.

34. "For we are going to bring down on the people of this township a Punishment from heaven, because they have been wickedly rebellious."

35. And We have left thereof an evident Sign, for any people who (care to) understand.

36. To the Madyan (people) (We sent) their brother Shuàib. Then he said: "O my people! Serve Allah, and fear the Last Day: nor commit evil on the earth, with intent to do mischief."

37. But they rejected him: then the mighty Blast seized them, and they lay prostrate in their homes by the morning.

38. (Remember also) the Àd and the Thamüd (people): clearly will appear to you from (the traces) of their buildings (their fate): Satan made their deeds alluring to them, and kept them back from the Path, though they were keen-sighted.

39. (Remember also) Qárün, Pharaoh, and Hámán: there came to them Moses with Clear Signs, but they behaved with insolence on the earth; yet they could not overreach (Us).

40. Each one of them We seized for his crime: of them, against some We sent a violent tornado (with showers of stones); some were caught by a (mighty) Blast; some We caused the earth to swallow up; and some We drowned (in the waters): It was not Allah Who wronged them: they wronged themselves.

41. The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider, who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider's house;- if they but knew.

42. Verily Allah doth know of (every thing) whatever that they call upon besides Him: and He is Exalted (in power), Wise.

43. And such are the Parables We set forth for mankind, but only those understand them who have knowledge.

44. Allah created the heavens and the earth in truth: verily in that is a Sign for those who believe.

45. Recite what is sent of the Book by inspiration to thee, and establish regular prayer: for prayer restrains from shameful and evil deeds; and remembrance of Allah is the greatest (thing in life) without doubt. And Allah knows the (deeds) that ye do.

46. And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except in the best way, unless it be with those of them who do wrong: but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you. Our God and your God is One; and it is to Him we submit (in Islám)."

47. And thus (it is) that We have sent down the Book to thee. So the People of the Book believe therein, as also do some of these (pagan Arabs): and none but Unbelievers reject Our Signs.

48. And thou wast not (able) to recite a Book before this (Book came), nor art thou (able) to transcribe it with thy right hand: In that case, indeed, would the talkers of vanities have doubted.

49. Nay, here are Signs self-evident in the hearts of those endowed with knowledge: and none but the unjust reject Our Signs.

50. Ye they say: "Why are not Signs sent down to him from his Lord?" Say: "The signs are indeed with Allah: and I am indeed a clear Warner."

51. And is it not enough for them that we have sent down to thee the Book which is rehearsed to them? Verily, in it is Mercy and a Reminder to those who believe.

52. Say: "Enough is Allah for a witness between me and you: He knows what is in the heavens and on earth". And it is those who believe in vanities and reject Allah, that are the losers.

53. They ask thee to hasten on the Punishment (for them): had it not been for a term (of respite) appointed, the Punishment would certainly have come to them: and it will certainly reach them,- of a sudden, while they perceive not!

54. They ask thee to hasten on the Punishment: but, of a surety, Hell will encompass the rejecters of Faith!-

55. On the Day that the Punishment shall cover them from above them and from below them, and (a Voice) shall say: "Taste ye (the fruits) of your deeds!"

56. O My servants who believe! Truly, spacious is My Earth: therefore serve ye Me - (and Me alone)!

57. Every soul shall have a taste of death: in the end to Us shall ye be brought back.

58. But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness - to them shall We give a Home in Heaven,- lofty mansions beneath which flow rivers,- to dwell therein for aye;- an excellent reward for those who do (good)!-

59. Those who persevere in patience, and put their trust, in their Lord and Cherisher.

60. How many are the creatures that carry not their own sustenance? It is Allah who feeds (both) them and you: for He hears and knows (all things).

61. If indeed thou ask them who has created the heavens and the earth and subjected the sun and the moon (to His Law), they will certainly reply, "Allah". How are they then deluded away (from the truth)?

62. Allah enlarges the sustenance (which He gives) to whichever of His servants He pleases; and He (similarly) grants by (strict) measure, (as He pleases): for Allah has full knowledge of all things.

63. And if indeed thou ask them who it is that sends down rain from the sky, and gives life therewith to the earth after its death, they will certainly reply, "Allah!" Say, "Praise be to Allah!" But most of them understand not.

64. What is the life of this world but amusement and play? But verily the Home in the Hereafter,- that is life indeed, if they but knew.

65. Now, if they embark on a boat, they call on Allah, making their devotion sincerely (and exclusively) to Him; but when He has delivered them safely to (dry) land, behold, they give a share (of their worship to others)!

66. Disdaining ungratefully Our gifts, and giving themselves up to (worldly) enjoyment! But soon will they know.

67. Do they not then see that We have made a Sanctuary secure, and that men are being snatched away from all around them? Then, do they believe in that which is vain, and reject the Grace of Allah?

68. And who does more wrong than he who invents a lie against Allah or rejects the Truth when it reaches him? Is there not a home in Hell for those who reject Faith?

69. And those who strive in Our (cause),- We will certainly guide them to Our Paths: For verily Allah is with those who do right.

ceylannur

Yeni Üyemiz
30. The Romans (Ar-Rüm)

Revealed before the Hijrah. This chapter has 60 verses.

1. Alif. Lám. Mím.

2. The Romans have been defeated-

3. In a land close by; but they, (even) after (this) defeat of theirs, will soon be victorious-

4. Within a few years. With Allah is the Command, in the past and in the Future: on that Day shall the Believers rejoice-

5. With the help of Allah. He gives victory to whom He will, and He is Exalted in Might, Most Merciful.

6. (It is) the promise of Allah. Never does Allah fail from His promise: but most men know not.

7. They know but the outer (things) in the life of this world: but of the Hereafter they are heedless.

8. Do they not reflect in their own minds? Not but in truth and for a term appointed, did Allah create the heavens and the earth, and all between them: yet are there truly many among men who deny the meeting with their Lord (at the Resurrection)!

9. Do they not travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those before them? They were superior to them in strength: they tilled the soil and populated it in greater numbers than these have done: there came to them their messengers with Clear (Signs). (Which they rejected, to their own destruction): it was not Allah Who wronged them, but they wronged their own souls.

10. In the long run evil will be the End of those who do evil; for that they rejected the Signs of Allah, and held them up to ridicule.

11. It is Allah Who begins the creation; then repeats it; then shall ye be brought back to Him.

12. On the Day when the Hour will come, the guilty will be struck dumb with despair.

13. No intercessor will they have among their "Partners" and they will (themselves) reject their "Partners".

14. On the Day when the Hour will come,- that Day shall (all men) be sorted out.

15. Then those who have believed and worked righteous deeds, shall be made happy in a Mead of (Delight).

16. And those who have rejected Faith and falsely denied Our Signs and the meeting of the Hereafter,- such shall be brought forth to Punishment.

17. So glory be to Allah, when ye reach eventide and when ye rise in the morning;

18. Yea, to Him be praise, in the heavens and on earth; and in the late afternoon and when the day begins to decline.

19. It is He Who brings out the living from the dead, and brings out the dead from the living, and Who gives life to the earth after it is dead: and thus shall ye be brought out (from the dead).

20. Among His Signs in this, that He created you from dust; and then,- behold, ye are men scattered (far and wide)!

21. And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.

22. And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and your colors: verily in that are Signs for those who know.

23. And among His Signs is the sleep that ye take by night and by day, and the quest that ye (make for livelihood) out of His Bounty: verily in that are Signs for those who hearken.

24. And among His Signs, He shows you the lightning, by way both of fear and of hope, and He sends down rain from the sky and with it gives life to the earth after it is dead: verily in that are Signs for those who are wise.

25. And among His Signs is this, that heaven and earth stand by His Command: then when He calls you, by a single call, from the earth, behold, ye (straightway) come forth.

26. To Him belongs every being that is in the heavens and on earth: all are devoutly obedient to Him.

27. It is He Who begins the creation; then repeats it; and for Him it is most easy. To Him belongs the loftiest similitude (we can think of) in the heavens and the earth: for He is Exalted in Might, full of wisdom.

28. He does propound to you a similitude from yourselves: do ye have partners among those whom your right hands possess, to share as equals in the wealth We have bestowed on you? Do ye fear them as ye fear each other? Thus do we explain the Signs in detail to a people that understand.

29. Nay, the wrong-doers (merely) follow their own desires, being devoid of knowledge. But who will guide those whom Allah leaves astray? To them there will be no helpers.

30. So set thou thy face truly to the religion being upright; the nature in which Allah has made mankind: no change (there is) in the work (wrought) by Allah: that is the true Religion: but most among mankind know not.

31. Turn ye back in repentance to Him, and fear Him: establish regular prayers, and be not ye among those who join gods with Allah,-

32. Those who split up their Religion, and become (mere) Sects,- each party rejoicing in that which is with itself!

33. When trouble touches men, they cry to their Lord, turning back to Him in repentance: but when He gives them a taste of Mercy as from Himself, behold, some of them pay part-worship to other gods besides their Lord,-

34. (As if) to show their ingratitude for the (favors) We have bestowed on them! Then enjoy (your brief day); but soon will ye know (your folly).

35. Or have We sent down authority to them, which speaks to them the things to which they pay part-worship?

36. When We give men a taste of Mercy, they exult thereat: and when some evil afflicts them because of what their (own) hands have sent forth, behold, they are in despair!

37. See they not that Allah enlarges the provision and restricts it, to whomsoever He pleases? Verily in that are Signs for those who believe.

38. So give what is due to kindred, the needy, and the wayfarer. That is best for those who seek the Countenance, of Allah, and it is they who will prosper.

39. That which you give in usury for increase through the property of (other) people, will have no increase with Allah: but that which you give for charity, seeking the Countenance of Allah, (will increase): it is these who will get a recompense multiplied.

40. It is Allah Who has created you: further, He has provided for your sustenance; then He will cause you to die; and again He will give you life. Are there any of your (false) "Partners" who can do any single one of these things? Glory to Him! and High is He above the partners they attribute (to him)!

41. Mischief has appeared on land and sea because of (the meed) that the hands of men have earned, that (Allah) may give them a taste of some of their deeds: in order that they may turn back (from evil).

42. Say: "Travel through the earth and see what was the end of those before (you): most of them worshipped others besides Allah."

43. But set thou thy face to the right Religion before there come from Allah the Day which there is no chance of averting: on that Day shall men be divided (in two).

44. Those who reject Faith will suffer from that rejection: and those who work righteousness will make provisions for themselves (in heaven):

45. That He may reward those who believe and work righteous deeds, out of His Bounty. For He loves not those who reject Faith.

46. Among His Signs is this, that He sends the Winds, as heralds of Glad Tidings, giving you a taste of His Mercy,- that the ships may sail by His Command and that ye may seek of His Bounty: in order that ye may be grateful.

47. We did indeed send, before thee, messengers to their (respective) peoples, and they came to them with Clear Signs: then, to those who transgressed, We meted out Retribution: and it was a duty incumbent upon Us to aid those who believed.

48. It is Allah Who sends the Winds, and they raise the Clouds: then does He spread them in the sky as He wills, and break them into fragments, until thou seest rain-drops issue from the midst thereof: then when He has made them reach such of His servants as He wills, behold, they do rejoice!-

49. Even though, before they received (the rain) - just before this - they were dumb with despair!

50. Then behold (O man!) the tokens of Allah's Mercy!- how He gives life to the earth after its death: verily the same will give life to the men who are dead: for He has power over all things.

51. And if We (but) send a Wind from which they see (their tilth) turn yellow,- behold, they become, thereafter, Ungrateful (Unbelievers)!

52. So verily thou canst not make the dead to hear, nor canst thou make the deaf to hear the call, when they show their backs and turn away.

53. Nor canst thou lead back the blind from their straying: only those wilt thou make to hear, who believe in Our signs and submit (their wills in Islám).

54. It is Allah Who created you in a state of (helpless) weakness, then gave (you) strength after weakness, then, after strength, gave (you) weakness and a hoary head: He creates whatever He wills, and it is He Who has all knowledge and power.

55. On the Day that the Hour (of Reckoning) will be established, the transgressors will swear that they tarried not but an hour: thus were they used to being deluded!

56. But those endued with knowledge and faith will say: "Indeed ye did tarry, within Allah's Decree, to the Day of Resurrection, and this is the Day of Resurrection: but ye - ye did not know!"

57. So on that Day no excuse of theirs will avail the transgressors, nor will they be allowed to make amends.

58. Verily We have propounded for men, in this Qurán every kind of Parable: but if thou bring to them any Sign, the Unbelievers are sure to say, "Ye do nothing but talk vanities."

59. Thus does Allah seal up the hearts of those who understand not.

60. So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those excite thee, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith.

Üst Alt